The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant crash melee fighting Suturah (Withered Hand quest)

arturius
arturius
Soul Shriven
The game constantly crashes when melee fighting Suturah at the end of the Withered Hand quest.
It happens very quickly, usually after 2-3 seconds in fight, the process eso64.exe stops responding, have to kill it manually using the task manager.
This is only with this fight, I had no crash whatsoever before.
I heard that if you can use ranged attacks (spells) you can avoid the bug; seems to only happend with melee attacks.
(I"m in Windows 10).
  • DarthSwede
    DarthSwede
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting this too. It's only happening when Suturah is almost defeated. I was using a ice staff and staff abilities. 😰. The PC is running an i7-7700HQ with 16gb RAM, nVidia 1070 and installed on an SSD - I own the Summerset Collectors Edition.
    Edited by DarthSwede on August 10, 2020 1:17PM
  • DarthSwede
    DarthSwede
    Soul Shriven
    DarthSwede wrote: »
    I'm getting this too. It's only happening when Suturah is almost defeated. I was using a ice staff and staff abilities. 😰. The PC is running an i7-7700HQ with 16gb RAM, nVidia 1070 and installed on an SSD

Just an update: This happened using a greatsword as well. I also abandoned and restarted the quest to choose a different companion for the fight. I used the prince first and then the thronekeeper. I did not bother trying with Talia yet.

I've tried numerous times. It only happens against Suturah. You can always get past the minions and the daughter with ease.
  • DarthSwede
    DarthSwede
    Soul Shriven
    Sadly, this was not addressed in the PC patch 6.1.5 :( I tried again after downloading the update, this time with a dual-wield setup and with the Throne Keeper. Crashed during Suturah fight. I'm Ebonhart Pact, but I need to finish this to move on with Caldwell's Silver.
  • DarthSwede
    DarthSwede
    Soul Shriven
    **Update** Here is the fix for this from ZOS direct. **Solved**

It's an issue they are having with Lich enemies. Change your view to 3rd person until after the fight is finished. It worked for me today.