The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elemental Drain Aggro enemies?

Julia_Nix
Julia_Nix
✭✭✭
I know it was an issue back in 2015, but now it is back. Is it a bug or intended?

I tested it alone and in group with my warden healer, i use SPC, Earthgore and Winter's respite sets. when i use Elemental Drain (without any other abilities that may aggro) on enemies i enter combat even if i'm not in the detection radius.

Edit:
It's works fine now, i don't know what was the cause before.
Edited by Julia_Nix on August 9, 2020 6:10PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think u r mistaken.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've wondered a bit about this, too, OP. Briefly, it doesn't seem to make a boss attack or put me in combat. I've noticed, though, that when I apply elemental drain as we approach the boss, it sits there until it is attacked by someone in the group. But, once it is pulled into combat by someone in the group, it sometimes heads directly at me rather than at the person who inflicted the initial damage. This doesn't over-ride taunt, of course, and TBH, I've just noticed it a few times and said, "Huh... what's this." I've done no testing to actually see what's going on.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only time I had elemental drain aggro something when was I had Icy Conjurer equipped. Since it included a minor debuff it proced the set and started the fight causing me to facepalm due to how stupid I was. Anyways, that scenario aside you can spam Elemental Drain as many times as you want at a target and it won't aggro them. Same with Siphon Spirit.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our poor healer was getting smashed in vHRC last night because the boss kept jumping on her each time. It was singling her out for some reason. I don’t know if this had to do with ele drain or not though but she was running it for sure.
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    That had nothing to do with elemental drain. When people in the group are too far away, The Warrior always jumps to the farthest person. Tell your healer and/or group to tighten up the formation.
    Edited by blendertoes on August 9, 2020 4:15PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That had nothing to do with elemental drain. When people in the group are too far away, The Warrior always jumps to the farthest person. Tell your healer and/or group to tighten up the formation.

We pulled her down to the middle stair on the corner and stuck a ranged DPS behind her off to the side in the water and she kept getting stomped. It made for an entirely predictable fight and we got through it with no wipes but we found it odd. Not saying it was ele drain just something felt off about it.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our poor healer was getting smashed in vHRC last night because the boss kept jumping on her each time. It was singling her out for some reason. I don’t know if this had to do with ele drain or not though but she was running it for sure.

I think your healer was standing too far away...I think when someone is standing too far he will jump at the first one that is too far.
    Edited by zvavi on August 10, 2020 12:40AM