orsinium event?

rumple9
rumple9
✭✭✭✭✭
Will there be one this August as I don't believe it's been on PTS and summerset event is ending on 4th August?
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, next one is either a Greymoor one or IC and then the other one after that according to data mining. I honestly doubt we'll see an Orsinium event this year.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, next one is either a Greymoor one or IC and then the other one after that according to data mining. I honestly doubt we'll see an Orsinium event this year.

IC event ? Well, we had Midyear Mayhem PvP event recently (Cyro & IC)... but yeah, it did not included 2 dungeons that are a part of that DLC. But given that IC is a part of a base game now, I doubt that they will do an event just for only 2 dungeons.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 25, 2020 4:04PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really should have an Orsinium event because of the new VMA weapons. If they don't, there could be some grumbles from high-end players.

E.g., Alcast told me he wasn't going to bother getting the new VMA weapons until the Orsinium event. Obviously, that's one guy who could change his mind, but I imagine he's not alone in his feelings.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC event is usually beginning every September and is different from cyro event because the rewards are for killing bosses rather than doing dailies.

It really is about time zos put up an annual event calendar
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IC event ? Well, we had Midyear Mayhem PvP event recently (Cyro & IC)... but yeah, it did not included 2 dungeons that are a part of that DLC. But given that IC is a part of a base game now, I doubt that they will do an event just for only 2 dungeons.

Counter argument, IC is one of two pvp events while everything else is pve. If they remove it there's going to be far bigger vacklash than if they don't do an Orsinium one. And the rewards were datamined for this Q so...
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts:

1. The event calendar starts with the biggies that won't be missed, Acts of God and Acts of Lag permitting. These are also each intended to be tied to a specific time of year. That list starts with Jesters, Anniversary, Mid-Year Mayhem, Witches and New Life. I doubt that there are any others.

2. Next to go on the calendar is whatever best fits marketing priorities. The most obvious examples are the Summerset and Elsweyr events shortly after release. Greymoor seems to be following that pattern as well.

3. After those two categories are slotted, the calendar is likely filled out with whatever is seen as serving and stimulating player interests the best. Of course, marketing tie-ins are always found as well.

Candidates include:
    • Undaunted, even though dungeons count in some other events.
    • IC, even though there's another PvP event.
    • Other older chapters and DLCs, such as Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood (generally combined with Thieves Guild) and Orsinium.
    • Craglorn, similarly.

The timing of these events is not necessarily fixed. The Orsinium event, for example, has been held at very different times of year.

Edit: I had forgotten about the Jesters Festival.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 9, 2020 6:50PM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the Orsinium event should be about.... Now? Why would they even think of not holding it this year, after what they did to our VMA weapons? And I was looking forward to seeing the Pariah's Pinnacle available, I've even saved gold to buy crowns for it. Seriously.... Summerset in all honor, but that event really doesn't fill any real purpose, this one does...
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We had it in November once, so there's still hope. ZOS tends to move events to whenever is convenient for them.
    IC event, though, seems to consistently take place at the first half of September.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Counter argument, IC is one of two pvp events while everything else is pve. If they remove it there's going to be far bigger vacklash than if they don't do an Orsinium one. And the rewards were datamined for this Q so...

That used to be the case, but when ZOS made IC a part of the base game, they also included IC as a part of MYM event. Previously those were 2 separate events.
    During MYM We had "double everything" in IC. The only thing that was not a part of the event were 2 PvE group dungeons that are a part of IC.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we'll have no event this year. How will we haven Maelstrom motifs now? If they won't drop in any other way, I guess they are pretty much priceless now? I just can't see why they can't tell us straight if the even will happen or now...
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Seems we'll have no event this year.
    Why?

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Why?

If there ain't no announcement for it like for after the maintenance on Wednesday, then when? It's already late as far as I can tell, and soon there will be new content - so when really? It's an old DLC, maybe it's just "too old" and out of fashion? Is there anything suggesting it will be held in any forseeable future? :-/
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been on PTS if there were any plans for it in the near future
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Why?

If there ain't no announcement for it like for after the maintenance on Wednesday, then when? It's already late as far as I can tell, and soon there will be new content - so when really? It's an old DLC, maybe it's just "too old" and out of fashion? Is there anything suggesting it will be held in any forseeable future? :-/

I wouldn't expect announcement this week because event wasn't mentioned in August crown store showcase. We have to wait for September showcase, and even if it's not there it may be held in November
    rumple9 wrote: »
    It would have been on PTS if there were any plans for it in the near future

Not necessarily. If nothing changed there's nothing to test and I'm not sure that all event appeared on PTS.