The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Cyrodiil Ravenwatch experience

pauld1_ESO
pauld1_ESO
✭✭✭✭
My abilities on an enemy:

Dodge-Dodge-Dodge-(3254)(324)-Dodge-Dodge-Dodge-(1654)-Dodge-Dodge-3765 (OMG I finally hit him!!)

When said enemy decides to target me:

Stun-7443-3654-10987========Dead

Have watched dozens of streamers, youtube videos, tried tons of builds w/ tricked out gear.........there are just people out there that are playing as if they have a God-mode setting. Hit them like a wet noodle (when I hit them) then die in seconds when they roll up on me.

I will never understand this PvP.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna learn PvP, noCP in particular, do BGs. No asymmetric bonuses. No zergs. No downtime during matches. Just constant action and opportunities to improve.

Things to note:
    -Make your own build suited to how you want to play.
    -If you want to use an internet build as a starting point, make sure it is a noCP build. Most builds online are CP builds and won't work nearly as well in noCP
    -If you didn't already know, you need to still get to cp160, even in nocp pvp. You can equip max level gear untill you hit cp160.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unblockable CCs go a long way.

Then burst damage in that window.

Seeing as they're dodging you, you aren't using an Unblockable CC. Without something like that you'll have a hard when facing someone that isnt distracted
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna learn PvP, noCP in particular, do BGs. No asymmetric bonuses. No zergs. No downtime during matches. Just constant action and opportunities to improve.

Things to note:
    -If you want to use an internet build as a starting point, make sure it is a noCP build. Most builds online are CP builds and won't work nearly as well in noCP
    -If you didn't already know, you need to still get to cp160, even in nocp pvp. You can equip max level gear untill you hit cp160.

Yea I'm 571cp, have tons of money and crafting maxed so I can make anything and buy anything. I have so many sets in my bank I've tried lol. I am trying a higher health heavy armor build to try and give myself some more cushion to react to thing and just got steamrolled by a stamden in seconds. 31k health, shields, resist....didn't matter at all. Not even a little. I don't know how I got hit with sub assault twice in that fight because it last literally like 2 seconds. Lag? I don't know how you counter any of this. It's insane. I do fine against normal players, but some of these dudes are in God-mode, like they all have Emperor lol.

In BGs lately everyone is like this, as soon as the first player sees me I'm dead in seconds. I just must be getting too old for this twitch stuff.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on August 8, 2020 9:40PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

Things to note:

Yea I'm 571cp, have tons of money and crafting maxed so I can make anything and buy anything. I have so many sets in my bank I've tried lol. I am trying a higher health heavy armor build to try and give myself some more cushion to react to thing and just got steamrolled by a stamden in seconds. 31k health, shields, resist....didn't matter at all. Not even a little. I don't know how I got hit with sub assault twice in that fight because it last literally like 2 seconds. Lag? I don't know how you counter any of this. It's insane. I do fine against normal players, but some of these dudes are in God-mode, like they all have Emperor lol.

In BGs lately everyone is like this, as soon as the first player sees me I'm dead in seconds. I just must be getting too old for this twitch stuff.

I know the feeling, that i just don't have the same twitch as i did in my teens/early 20s. I am reminded every time i play a shooter.

The only other thing I can mention is to make sure you have all your buffs up. They ahould be up basically all the time if there is a reasonable chance you'll see combat.

Oh, also, for BGs especially, positioning is half the battle. This has 2 parts. The first is making good use of LOS, obviously. The second, which takes practice and requires getting a good feel of the flow of combat in BGs, is moving around the map in a way that increases your chances of outnumbering your opponents while decreasing your chances of being outnumbered.

That 2nd one is vital, and will often take a concious effort to maintain.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tell me, what's more triggering: seeing lots of dodges or a person that heals so much that your damage doesn't matter. Asking for research purposes for the next PvP build I use to troll and mock game.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Tell me, what's more triggering: seeing lots of dodges or a person that heals so much that your damage doesn't matter. Asking for research purposes for the next PvP build I use to troll and mock game.

lol. I would say dodging.....but only because these dudes seem to be able to dodge 90% of my attacks yet still have the stamina to pull off enough abilities to kill me fast.

Meanwhile the hits I do land are hitting for nothing. I try and run a decent amount of wep power and pen, all gear purple or better with two set bonus and monster set. I just feel like I am playing a different game much of the time.

So if you just want to troll dodge your heart out I really don't care, I'll just leave lol. It is when you can dodge all my attacks non-stop and still kill me that infuriates me lol.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on August 9, 2020 6:08PM
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    most of them use well fitted on all gear and just spam dodge with decent sustain, opening on the opponents during some windows
    if the opponent has the same sustain build and decentg hp it becomes a long duel, if not - he dies
    i was running full damage, always dead by these buds, switched full stustain - BF > roll dodge > he runs to the tree and i'am alive able to heal

i was maining nighblade and was on the same boat as u, literally not undetstanding what the f happening
    switched to warden, put on few sustain sets and was able to roll on some1, kill it fast and start licking trees against 2-3 opponets
    this game just not balanced and too farm from any competitive pcp, deal with it
    play wow if u want high mmr fights with UNDERSTANDABLE COMBAT and play eso if u want mediocore wtf brawl

btw on the funny note, there are million tryharders around who have been claimed as cheaters by their opponents, they always insert "omg u look like a cheater" whispers in their youtube movies but never show that particular scene where that phrase has been told =p I had a funny conversation with one nightblade godmode dude - literally was hunting him to understand his uncatchable cloack behavion on literally open field, tried NB stealth mark + potion + senty set as additional. I wasnt even attacking him, just was waiting till he engaged some1, run closer and pop detection stuff to monitor what he is doing in stealth. Surely failed to find him, whispered like yo dud how the hell u vanished in front of me and literally disappeared, there is nowhere to hide or trick with shade ? his response was "sry i just logged off"... 3 mins laters i saw him near the closest keep =p
    Edited by Tammany on August 9, 2020 6:33PM
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    most of them use well fitted on all gear and just spam dodge with decent sustain, opening on the opponents during some windows
    if the opponent has the same sustain build and decentg hp it becomes a long duel, if not - he dies
    i was running full damage, always dead by these buds, switched full stustain - BF > roll dodge > he runs to the tree and i'am alive able to heal

i was maining nighblade and was on the same boat as u, literally not undetstanding what the f happening
    switched to warden, put on few sustain sets and was able to roll on some1, kill it fast and start licking trees against 2-3 opponets
    this game just not balanced and too farm from any competitive pcp, deal with it
    play wow if u want high mmr fights with UNDERSTANDABLE COMBAT and play eso if u want mediocore wtf brawl

btw on the funny note, there are million tryharders around who have been claimed as cheaters by their opponents, they always insert "omg u look like a cheater" whispers in their youtube movies but never show that particular scene where that phrase has been told =p I had a funny conversation with one nightblade godmode dude - literally was hunting him to understand his uncatchable cloack behavion on literally open field, tried NB stealth mark + potion + senty set as additional. I wasnt even attacking him, just was waiting till he engaged some1, run closer and pop detection stuff to monitor what he is doing in stealth. Surely failed to find him, whispered like yo dud how the hell u vanished in front of me and literally disappeared, there is nowhere to hide or trick with shade ? his response was "sry i just logged off"... 3 mins laters i saw him near the closest keep =p

Insightful AF bro, thanks.