The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag

EIGHTS
EIGHTS
✭✭✭✭
Lag in Cyrodiil, Lag in Tamriel. Got disconnection 3 times in 5 minutes. Can't log in for hours.

Error 301 (3:1:768:0)
Unable to connect to server.

I'M LOSING MY PATIENT TO THIS GAME REALLY.
I can't even play PvE content.

[edited title for spam]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 6, 2020 1:19PM
I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forget that loading screen everywhere. XD
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    You better start operating instead of playing eso if you don't want to lose your patient.
  • Sesshik_CZ
    i think you mean surgery
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you lag outside of Cyro then better starting check on your side 1st.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

No, I know why it's so weird in Western Skyrim (Blackreach).
    I left there everything is fine as well.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS still doesn't face the real problem, they will kill your game.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, it's well known that some areas are also loading screen hell (Craglorn etc...)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read the title to the tune of the Spam Song it makes the thread more fun.

Except now that song is stuck in my head.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    If you read the title to the tune of the Spam Song it makes the thread more fun.

Except now that song is stuck in my head.

That song ?

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBcY3W5WgNU]

• SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laggity loggity out...
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed you have missed one lag between lag and lag in your thread title.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • FafiQ_xP
    FafiQ_xP
    ✭✭✭
    Platform?
    For the Covenant!
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is painful to see knowing quakecon is around the corner. Awkward.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FafiQ_xP wrote: »
    Platform?

Largely irrelvant for the lag...
    Probably even more so EU or an unserviced part of the globe...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was getting those quick little Cyrodiil load screens last night in Glenumbra, just outside Daggerfall. I expect the entire game will implode soon.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im on ps4 na, super lag, i cant believe the server was maintenance 12 hours ago, 3 sec delays in pve, I dont ever want to try cyrodiil ;)
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had lag outside of Cyrodiil on a regular basis several months ago on PS4 NA. Lots of other people did too. No issues in other huge online multiplayer games. So ESO’s problems weren’t an issue on “our side.” It’s why I stopped paying for (and playing) this game. :)

Don’t even want to think about what it’s like now on PS4 NA. Elsweyr was bad enough...

Edit:
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Im on ps4 na, super lag, i cant believe the server was maintenance 12 hours ago, 3 sec delays in pve, I dont ever want to try cyrodiil ;)

Yep, expected as much. Three second delays in PVE. It just works!
    Edited by Aurielle on August 6, 2020 11:02AM
  • Blynjubitr
    Blynjubitr
    ✭✭✭

We had to stop playing as a guild because even PvE content is unplayable now. I am in EU and i confirm trials,pvp and sometimes even dungeons are unplayable.

(when i mean stop playing as a guild i mean we don't gather for raids anymore because game just doesn't work. I personally quit the game.)
    Edited by Blynjubitr on August 6, 2020 11:14AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blynjubitr wrote: »

We had to stop playing as a guild because even PvE content is unplayable now. I am in EU and i confirm trials,pvp and sometimes even dungeons are unplayable.

Did your guild check its internet connection? /s
  • Blynjubitr
    Blynjubitr
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

you are verry funny, but seriously last time i was still playing in entire week every raid was unplayable. Skills won't fire, health bars are bugged, blocks won't work etc. Everyone knows lag exists in everywhere in ESO.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you are verry funny, but seriously last time i was still playing in entire week every raid was unplayable. Skills won't fire, health bars are bugged, blocks won't work etc. Everyone knows lag exists in everywhere in ESO.

Oh, I don’t doubt you. I was joking and making fun of the tech support moderators who always encourage you to investigate “your end” for known issues. :)

I haven’t played this game in months due to the lag, and deeply regret spending as much money on the game as I did.
  • Blynjubitr
    Blynjubitr
    ✭✭✭

Oh, I don’t doubt you. I was joking and making fun of the tech support moderators who always encourage you to investigate “your end” for known issues. :)

I haven’t played this game in months due to the lag, and deeply regret spending as much money on the game as I did.

Amen brother
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to eso
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experienced same lag in Cloudrest as in Cyro on last day of event. Bar swaps and skill delay. Prepare for AOE cool down in PVE lol
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    I have gotten those little random load screens in at least 5 zones in the last week, we can't play trials because the lag is serious for all of us, disconnects are more common (I got a 307 error last night, no idea what it is) and forget about parsing most of the time. It's been laggy for a while, but it got a lot worse after the maintenance earlier this week.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS' favorite cheating players lag their server so hard. ZOS still doesn't want to face it.

I got 'This account is already logged in.' as usual after I got disconnected 2 times in 5 minutes.
    We are so tired about this ONLY DC LAG.
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing I now have insane lag. I've always had more than most because I work in the Middle East, but now it's so bad I can't play at all.

It's been like this ever since the PTS came out. I know ZOS blames the lag on "AoE" being used more, but that honestly doesn't make sense. Pre 1-Tamriel, magicka classes were the primary and their main spammable was Impulse from the destruction staff line. It didn't matter if you were playing PvE or doing PvP. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE ran around spamming that. It's all you could see back then and there were 500% more PvPers back then too.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aquatorch wrote: »
    It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing I now have insane lag. I've always had more than most because I work in the Middle East, but now it's so bad I can't play at all.

It's been like this ever since the PTS came out. I know ZOS blames the lag on "AoE" being used more, but that honestly doesn't make sense. Pre 1-Tamriel, magicka classes were the primary and their main spammable was Impulse from the destruction staff line. It didn't matter if you were playing PvE or doing PvP. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE ran around spamming that. It's all you could see back then and there were 500% more PvPers back then too.

True, but we don't talk about that. Let's just pretend the servers mysteriously gained server capacity for housing and BGs without Cyro ever being affected, even though around that time is when Cyro lag started to peak and only go one direction...
  • Greensea
    Greensea
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd hop into Cyrodiil, but when I got there I couldn't use any skills, apart from those lucky occasions where they fire about 3 or 4 seconds after you press the button. Light attacks register maybe half the time. Oh well, nothing out of the ordinary.

So I then queue for Battlegrounds, end up on a team on my own against two teams of 4. I didn't start with 4 and then people left - I never had any teammates at all. Not as common a problem as it used to be, but frustrating nonetheless.

Disheartened, I think why not run vMA and see if I can hit the leaderboards? All seems to be okay until all of a sudden my inputs are all delayed by a second or two on stage 4. I manage to scrape through without dying only to find the problem exacerbated in stage 5, where it got so bad that I couldn't kill a single thing. Alt-F4.

What is happening to this game? I really want to enjoy it but it's so hard right now. The fact it's like this after the performance updates is baffling.
    @Greensea - PC EU - CP 1400+
    Teygja | Breton | Magicka Templar | AD | Former Empress
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was the Antiquities system worth the $60 some of you paid? No,
    It's buggy AF
    did Zos care to fix it? No.
    Because they are not responsible for fixing their product.

It's actually in the TOS.
    "Notwithstanding the foregoing, ZeniMax has no obligation to make available any patches, updates or modifications or correct any errors or defects in the Services."