The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skyrim-style Jarl's Hall - decorated 600/600 (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Updated

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Update: Changed some things to better fit the 600 slot limit, so the Version 2.0 can be found in a comment below.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6904251/#Comment_6904251
Hi all, thought I'd share a build I was experimenting with in the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery!
The house is currently on the PTS and has amazing Skyrim/ Rohan/ Vikings vibes!
I'm sure many people will love this house and have great ideas for it! :smile:

Unfortunately, it only has 600 slots, so I had to leave the garden completely empty, and I still didn't have enough slots for the dining tables. Though to be fair, I did add a extra areas (a whole extra floor and half for 4 extra bedrooms) with the new Solitude structural items that are coming with Stonethorn, as the interior's decoratable (is that a word?) surfaces are much smaller by default. Unless they increase the furnishing cap to 700 (please do it, ZOS :smiley:), I'll probably furnish it less ambitiously on Live, since I'd prefer to not have to leave whole areas of the home empty. Still, this house is one of ESO's best, and I'm sure we'll see many creative builds here! People have been requesting a Nord cottage/cabin home for a long time.

Anyhow, here is my take on a Skyrim-inspired Jarl's Hall! :blush:
https://youtu.be/IeQAnuO4j0A

Some pictures behind the Spoiler Tag, for people who prefer images to videos:
Main Hall (yes I ran out of slots, so the feast tables are empty)
01vpaz6t11hc.png

Court Wizard's Quarters ("You know, if you've got the aptitude, you should join the Mage's College in Winterhold.")
bium3jywo8at.png
3r3aqv2v349l.png

Barracks and War Room (be careful around the archery targets - don't take an arrow to the knee)
wvv9cittqlxq.png

Council Chamber
zkd8g4jpiomr.png

Kitchens
pyik9pzpbbxl.png

Trophy and Mead Hall (Did someone steal your sweetroll?)
2w04e19gbpr3.png
x9owefg2tw2h.png

Bathroom
6m7rxmecswpk.png

Library
hyh2ft9zk1ml.png

Upstairs Landing
xfw0cmw4aoj3.png

Jarl's Bedroom
5ki6c8paukss.png
5e2hcvdbdvax.png

Children's Room (currently lacking sad orphans, but there's a doggo)
x0eil3u303tz.png

Housecarl's Chamber (and storage chests under the stairs, since they're 'sworn to carry your burdens' :lol:)
dqww1um3f8fn.png

Alchemy Gardens
t5pkld0chr32.png

fmxuje5s6s65.png
Thanks for reading/watching! :blush: Hope you'll all enjoy your weekend!
Edited by bluebird on August 8, 2020 4:47PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the latest from ZOS on the furnishing limit (and why it's not happening), @bluebird.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update/p1

Great creation though!
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really want to get this house. I don’t own a house as I’ve been waiting for the right one. My biggest pet peeve for this house is being unable to create a satisfying bedroom.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the latest from ZOS on the furnishing limit (and why it's not happening), @bluebird.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update/p1
    Great creation though!
    @Taleof2Cities This house is 600, I mentioned they could increase it to 700. :smile:
    It has nothing to do with the technical limit discussed in the article.

They just sometimes decide if a house is going to be 'Classic' 'Large' or 'Notable' based on a quota, rather than based on how much actual furnishable area a house has (we can see a lot of variation in house size within the same pre-set category). It would be nicer if they were more lenient with the 700 item cap, rather than saving it only for their humongous manors. Having a larger limit for smaller houses (or at least the ability to upgrade 400 or 600 slot homes to 700 in exchange for a small fee even) would go a long way in allowing (literally) more room for people's creativity.
    Keylun wrote: »
    Really want to get this house. I don’t own a house as I’ve been waiting for the right one. My biggest pet peeve for this house is being unable to create a satisfying bedroom.
    Did you check the upstairs area I added? I'm not claiming it to be ideal or amazing by any means, but it's an example of how much free-build space there is in the loft. I divided it into 3 smaller bedrooms, but you could obviously add your satisfactory bedroom up there in some shape or form. :smile:
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭
    love it thank you for sharing <3
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird only liked at the pictures will watch the video in a bit. Fingers crossed you get rid of my doubts!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks fantastic.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely amazing! Thank you so much, I’ve been waiting for someone to make a video like this. I’m definitely buying this house!

But they really should upgrade this to 700 slots.
    Edited by WildRaptorX on August 7, 2020 10:18PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ha, I said I would use the Snow Prince chairs instead of crafting lots of Alinor chairs for my Villa since I had so many of them! Well played!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Updated to version 2.0 (to better fit the 600 slot limit)

Made some changes to my Skyrim-inspired Jarl's Hall, to streamline and consolidate some areas to better fit the slot limit. Since I was frustrated by having no slots left for the Feast Hall, I rearranged some things so that the 600 slots looks better overall. The outside area is still completely empty, but at least the interior is more reasonable now.

https://youtu.be/ANMIunVrHXc

1) Removed the Housecarl's Chamber from the custom top floor, so that the additional built-up loft space is now occupied by only 2 extra bedrooms (Jarl's Bedroom and Children's Rooms) instead of 3 extra rooms.
    sfvri3hn5s2w.png

2) Removed the Library area and blocked off parts of the mezzanine to relocate the Housecarl's Chamber to the middle floor, opposite the bathroom.
    ddadn7kfirzj.png
    cf3e5icqph96.png

3) Moved the Library downstairs, into what was formerly the Council Chamber. Figured the Jarl can hold strategy meetings in the Library if they want to so badly, lol, so I don't have to dedicate a whole room to council meetings.
    cs331w29b2ry.png

4) Slightly reduced the clutter in the Court Wizard's Quarters (I'm sure Farengar will forgive me, since it's still pretty well-equipped with Alchemy and Enchanting paraphernalia) to free up some slots for the Feast Hall, which I was now able to decorate with some foods to make it less empty and less depressing than it was before.
    7e9fiatyjgzn.png
    qqb6rrrium7u.png

I think these changes made the house better, at least better slot-wise. And I was still able to keep the custom top floor with the bedrooms, as well as the custom half-floor I added for the Court Wizard's Quarters, so I think this new version is the right compromise between adding new spaces to the house while also being able to reasonably furnish all areas with a 600/600 filled slot limit. But I'll let you be the judge of whether it's an improvement or not, lol. :tongue: The whole outside garden is still entirely empty after all, so it's far from ideal. ZOS, 700 slots pls? :heart:
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great 2.0 house. Really hope they up the limit to 700. But I don’t think they’ve ever changed the limit of furnishing for a house ever.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But I don’t think they’ve ever changed the limit of furnishing for a house ever.
    Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you liked the house. :blush: And yes, they certainly never increased any house's size after it was released, however this one is still on the PTS so I'm hoping they upgrade it to 700 before it goes live.
    Edited by bluebird on August 8, 2020 9:18PM
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    You did a fantastic job decorating the interior! I too love this house ... but I was back on PTS this week and discoverered that it rains outside instead of 'snowing' as I expected so that was a deal breaker for me. I thought with the snowy mountain tops in view that for sure it would snow. I guess I'll be waiting until the next DLC to see if they add a snowy cabin but I'm not holding my breath.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    But I don’t think they’ve ever changed the limit of furnishing for a house ever.
    Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you liked the house. :blush: And yes, they certainly never increased any house's size after it was released, however this one is still on the PTS so I'm hoping they upgrade it to 700 before it goes live.

They won't. They've never made ANY changes to houses on PTS due to player feedback. I think ONCE they fixed something that was obviously broken. I've largely quit buying houses due to their deafness when it comes to player requests.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »

They won't. They've never made ANY changes to houses on PTS due to player feedback. I think ONCE they fixed something that was obviously broken. I've largely quit buying houses due to their deafness when it comes to player requests.

Except for Proudspire, where they added a fireplace based on player feedback, but they made it a permanent fixture in the basement and at an angle. LOL.

Great house @bluebird! I hope I can make mine even half as nice as yours. I'll have to watch it again to see how you've added additional space, as the first thing I noticed when previewing on the PTS is that the house doesn't lend itself well to bedrooms without adding them yourself.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 11, 2020 8:43PM
  • JnD
    JnD
    ✭✭✭
    Love the ambiance!!
    The mainhall felt like watching a Skyrim jarl longhouse. Or even a trip to Skellige (The Witcher).
    Congratulations!
    Thank you very much for sharing
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your fire pit is a lot like mine, only I used the thinner stone slabs. Amazing work btw.
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on October 12, 2020 8:36PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad this was bumped or I would have never seen it :relieved: I love this so much. I hope to see more on your channel in the future.