Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to be able to kick people from my siege

Katheriah
Katheriah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
If you make decent use of sieges you sometimes leave the siege (to refresh buffs, heal, or use multiple sieges). Or in case of lancers when you put you don't automatically use the siege when you put it up. This gives *** a chance to use your siege. It really annoys me that people can use my coldfire ballista or lancer and I can't do anything about it.

Please give me a synergy or a whatever to kick scum from my own sieges.

Pretty please.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    If you make decent use of sieges you sometimes leave the siege (to refresh buffs, heal, or use multiple sieges). Or in case of lancers when you put you don't automatically use the siege when you put it up. This gives *** a chance to use your siege. It really annoys me that people can use my coldfire ballista or lancer and I can't do anything about it.

Pretty please.

Agreed, especially in the case of lancers.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'v e been asking for this over over 1/2 a decade.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    We'v e been asking for this over over 1/2 a decade.

Well, I'm asking now and I'm asking it really nice. I said please and stuff like that. So now I'd like to know when we finally get this. o:)
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please also make such a synergy physically kick the offending player's character from the keep walls straight into the horde of enemies below :)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should actually be a toggle in the character settings, so you can set any siege you place to be usable by others or always locked to you.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I think it should actually be a toggle in the character settings, so you can set any siege you place to be usable by others or always locked to you.
    This good idea actually.
    Sometime I put some siege to be used when I see some player standing around doing nothing or just light attacking. Other time I dont want people to use my siege if its cold fire ballista or I am low on siege. If we can toggle these I can alternate the setting.
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    They could also add an option to lock in position. I don't care at all if people steal my siege, never have done. But one thing can bother me : if they take the siege then start moving it to attack some other area when you're wanting to focus on a target. If it's locked in position that's at least avoided.

That could also have downsides though if the target is down then other areas need focusing on with something like a coldfire ballista. I'm just remembering the only time it really bothered me : attacking a postern then someone stole a siege and started hitting the postern door which had no effect.

And I don't use coldfire a lot of the time so I've rarely if ever had that stolen, can see how that could be more annoying.
    Edited by RobZha on August 9, 2020 10:10AM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Please also make such a synergy physically kick the offending player's character from the keep walls straight into the horde of enemies below :)

YES. Oh and while we're on it. I want to be able to set a custom message that will appear in the offender's screen when I kick him off my siege. I will promise not to curse (a lot).

Not a bad idea at all!
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...Please give me a synergy or a whatever to kick scum from my own sieges...
    You are far, far too kind and generous with your description of these siege stealing skeevers.

Absolutely this - there are definitely circumstances where it's strategically advantageous to allow/enable anyone on your side to use your siege and it should be auto-set on owner death.

And while you're at it, devs, make siege stackable in inventory. Also, give them slots in the new furniture eso+ furni-siege bag that should be incoming.

Also, siege scale models(different sizes but shiny like the dragon skull ruby furnishing thing I've seen, metallic maybe) furniture for old style war-games for housing. And/Or just deployable/usable siege as furniture for 'ballista at dawn' duels in Coldharbour retreat floating island house.....

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one fears the possibility of siege engines being placed in good positions, then abandoned and locked. could this not happen?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fair point - but no more valid than a troll grabbing your siege as is and neutralising its utility by not using it or deliberately turning it away from siege targets.

edit: I think some already deploy siege as a means to block more effective siege use, like dropping multiple ballista to prevent ram deployment.

To be fair I've seen the former once and never the latter; I've no idea, though, if my anecdotal experience is reflective of the amount of this sort of 'counter-play' that actually happens.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on August 9, 2020 12:55PM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    ...Please give me a synergy or a whatever to kick scum from my own sieges...
    You are far, far too kind and generous with your description of these siege stealing skeevers.

I'm naturally a kind and forgiving person. o:)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    Fair point - but no more valid than a troll grabbing your siege as is and neutralising its utility by not using it or deliberately turning it away from siege targets.

edit: I think some already deploy siege as a means to block more effective siege use, like dropping multiple ballista to prevent ram deployment.

To be fair I've seen the former once and never the latter; I've no idea, though, if my anecdotal experience is reflective of the amount of this sort of 'counter-play' that actually happens.

Rams go over ballista, that’s the best possible use of space is to drop 3 ballista as close together as possible at the door, then set up a ram and roll it over top of the ballista into place.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice today I had a person grab my lancer as I was putting it in place. Lag is so bad this can take several seconds. Each time the thief used my lancer until enemies came and burnt it.

Lancers during lag are so slow to fire they are about useless anyway so I’m just done with them.

Nice idea ZOS but execution failed expectations. Oh well. Cold fire are generally better anyway.
    Ray
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having it as a bonus to ESO+. I think ZO$ will be happy to do it if they can get some extra money from PvP
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Twice today I had a person grab my lancer as I was putting it in place. Lag is so bad this can take several seconds. Each time the thief used my lancer until enemies came and burnt it.

Lancers during lag are so slow to fire they are about useless anyway so I’m just done with them.

Nice idea ZOS but execution failed expectations. Oh well. Cold fire are generally better anyway.

This sort of stuff makes me never want to use the single lancer I’ve gotten so far (RNG has not been kind). Heck, I get annoyed when some horker starts using my plain ol’ siege instead of getting their own, I’d be livid if someone did this to my only lancer.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having it as a bonus to ESO+. I think ZO$ will be happy to do it if they can get some extra money from PvP

Lol, TBH I'd even agree with this. I don't care how, just make me able to kick people from my stuff.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one fears the possibility of siege engines being placed in good positions, then abandoned and locked. could this not happen?
    Most sieges decay very quickly when left unmanned. Takes only about a minute, or only slightly longer than that.

Rams are an exception to this "fast decay rule" - but then again, rams work in a very different way than the other sieges to begin with.
    Which does occassionally lead to some griefing happening, when some troll places a ram of your alliance's color very far away from the door (usually all the way behind the keep or outpost), as it isn't possible to place a 2nd ram when there's already one deployed.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. All I can do now is whisper them "BUY YOUR OWN SIEGE!!!", but I doubt they understand that, or anything else for that matter. It's incredibly annoying, as you might want to take it down before they feel like leaving it, naturally...
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I hate it when I am running multiple siege & have a rhythm going & some nub jumps on one of them & starts shooting a postern door ;_; I used to msg them in the past to ask them to get off it.. but found it often led to a salty whinge session from them. "Wah wah we are all in the same faction.. why can't I use anyone's siege!?" O_o
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo, when will it be implemented?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty please.

It's handy that you can put stuff down for others..

But yep when you are Emperor and people think they helping by firing some in your set.... annoying

And the D Bags that turn siege around on your own alliance :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders