The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Don't Blame Me!

wukasick
wukasick
Soul Shriven
I have a powerful DD VampSorc that I recently trained for healing. I notice that long-time players don't even need a healer. Then there are these kids that are not running two set bonus' plus monster set. Their sustain is nonexistent... some are ported in with missing health that is static...I didn't even know this was possible.

Yeah, so their problems on the battle field are my fault. When you start blaming the healer for your own inadequacies, I will switch bars and show your corpse how DPS is done correctly.

Just be polite to everyone, and we will be happy to help you get through the dungeon. If your an ass, I'll leave you there... Rez Thy Self!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can mitigate (or alleviate) negative feedback by finding a pre-made group to complete your dungeons, @wukasick ... instead of using the queue.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect showing their corpses how DPS should be done would go over better if you queued as a DD in the first place, instead of abdicating your chosen role of healer and thus contributing to why players who expected their healer to actually be a healer are corpses in the first place.

*Queues as healer, plays as damage dealer without preparing teammates*
    *Teammates die*
    *shocked pikachu face*
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    haha I'm in total agreement with you OP, I'll do my best to heal and buff the group no matter how bad the DPS is, or how little they know mechanics, and I'll do my best to explain them and to offer an tips I can, but the second they get snippy with me about them dying to a one shot or standing in stupid, then nope, not my problem. They can heal and buff themselves. If they get snippy you can bet I'm not going to rez them the next time they die. If they are snippy and their DPS is bad, well then I'm going to slot jabs and do the damage myself, while still providing the tank with heals and synergies. There are very few dungeons were their 5k dps is going to make a difference anyway....
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing a pug can be annoying.
    I once had to heal 2 dds with 12K hp. It was always my fault when they got KO'd by the boss.
    "Are you sure you're a healer?"
    Ehh??
    PS | EU
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have only two characters: a NIghtblade (my first) and a Templar (the spoiled alt :smiley: ).

The Templar has, of course, a front bar for offense, and a backbar for healing -- and she is one hell of a healer.

I avoid complaints by massively overhealing with THREE HoTs running, two utilities for myself (shield and big resistance boost/magicka renewal) -- and the big Ultimate heal. I do NOT wait for damage, I just heal constantly with HoTs and add Heavy Attacks for additional damage + magicka.

Only two times I really lose people:

1) The idiots do not realize they need to stand INSIDE the healing circles to get all THREE HoTs ... or ...

2) more forgivable, when we don't understand the one-shot-kill mechanics of certain bosses. (Oops.)

~~~

Okay, one admission. I PURPOSELY let one tank die because he felt that dragging a zillion mobs onto himself while running wildly ahead of everyone including the healer was "a good idea."

Errr.... So when I saw him dying far ahead I just, heh, slow walked to him -- well, to his corpse.

Yeah, he slowed down after that. :smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when there is healer, blame it
    when there is no healer, blame the tank
    when there is no healer nor tank, blame zos
    Awake, but at what cost
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect showing their corpses how DPS should be done would go over better if you queued as a DD in the first place, instead of abdicating your chosen role of healer and thus contributing to why players who expected their healer to actually be a healer are corpses in the first place.

*Queues as healer, plays as damage dealer without preparing teammates*
    *Teammates die*
    *shocked pikachu face*

My understanding was that they:

queued as a healer
    tried desperately to heal people that have low hp and no ability to avoid red circles
    dps die (mostly their own fault) and blame healer
    healer then does dps to finish off that fight rather than infinitely rez

I guess we just got a different view from the same story.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sustain is non existent regardless...