The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Got any Bastion videos or screenshots?

TheImperfect
TheImperfect
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd love to see your decorated or partially decorated Bastion Sanguinaris. I'm sure it would help lots of players to see the possibilities with the home. I've been dabbling with homes for vampires on the PTS but unfortunately the Bastion wasn't available to play with yesterday. Below are the homes I furnished up.

Stillwaters Retreat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k12DRkZHB4

Daggerfall Overlook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gSoqsFp9Wc
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did tour one today but I haven’t finished indexing it. It’s at the end of the second part of my stream today (link dropped so I have two). I’ll give you more specific info tonight
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still very Work-In-Progress, but here's what I've done with my Bastion in the past 2 days so far.

Garden:
    pusjbccyfls9.png

Foyer:
    uzfbu1wypvo3.png
    m9d461xfpz5t.png

Main Hall
    9swb0a72zino.png

Library:
    kout31mck0us.png

Parlor:
    fsg6fjhbdpa5.png
    ftonz25dqp96.png

Bedroom (with semi-detached bathroom and vampire slumber coffins):
    wainum6vb8uq.png
    9ldey6dizv9e.png
    kduitjez65vg.png
    27yi4kz7kla6.png
    9v0n156h45nj.png
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did tour one today but I haven’t finished indexing it. It’s at the end of the second part of my stream today (link dropped so I have two). I’ll give you more specific info tonight

Thankyou!

Also @Bluebird Your home is looking amazing already, thanks for sharing!
    Edited by TheImperfect on August 6, 2020 3:03AM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built a robust Louisiana/French Quarter style town (outside) and a opera house (inside). I’m on Xbox NA.

I’ll grab screenshots tomorrow.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many thanks for sharing and doing the tours.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    I built a robust Louisiana/French Quarter style town (outside) and a opera house (inside). I’m on Xbox NA.

I’ll grab screenshots tomorrow.

Oooh sounds interesting 😄
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Le Bayou Bastion
    Welcome to Le Bayou Bastion. It's a taste of the south with a New Orleans meets classic horror vibe taking place right here in Tamriel. This is a work in progress since I've only had my hands on it for two days at this point.

Please feel free to swing by anytime but proceed with caution. This is the site where many have performed their last act.

I'm on Xbox NA. ("Grand Designs Too" is my housing guild) PM me for my gt.

Au revoir, my delicacies.

6xen8sbenxgp.jpg

Entry and Street
    6xen8sbenxgp.jpg

Oddities shop
    0xmugl86gald.jpg

Fresh Food
    6aqdvj6gso2q.jpg

Southern Cemetery
    8j66z791enkg.jpg

What's that in the service alley?
    myywnlk4j09d.jpg

Is that a - man?
    a8w6bzjiez5h.jpg

Shops
    bnlb5wltytmk.jpg
    Potion Shop
    j6gpl7rcnrq7.jpg
    9ix7sgq7qpc4.jpg
    71a63hrmz2yw.jpg
    fp9lqwieajry.jpg

Questionable Meat, Inc.
    289crgrtwdou.jpg
    ckdc0g8npxp2.jpg
    xt1jmk23nns4.jpg
    7bcegqip0p4o.jpg
    yo43m04drrro.jpg

Fishing Spot
    xdfna3d474fs.jpg

*Main Attaction*

Theater to Die For

Welcome
    tcpymjza3cpe.jpg

The tickets seem cheap but might cost you more in the end....
    3va4vf493626.jpg
    sl51be1dtw2t.jpg
    5bfl1scs521l.jpg

Getcha popcorn (Popcorn machine) There may or may not be moon sugar cooking on that table.
    v249y8ionlby.jpg
    7830ub5tv5bo.jpg
    vfb1djezmdm0.jpg
    vvvij3chco3p.jpg

Enter stage left
    ejqmm7uw7d8t.jpg
    mbz8ad16abjs.jpg

Huh, the crowd is dead tonight.
    d9k4h8mjmgxa.jpg
    kgdi488dpu29.jpg

Edited by TheValkyn on August 6, 2020 4:55PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @TheValkyn that looks insane! :smiley: What a transformation! The balconies are so perfectly N'Orleans style, and the theatre is amazing! Great job
  • LadySilvie
    LadySilvie
    ✭✭
    That doesn't even look like the same building lol that is so cool! Great work.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Lol @TheValkyn that looks insane! :smiley: What a transformation! The balconies are so perfectly N'Orleans style, and the theatre is amazing! Great job

Thank you. I had a lot of things I wanted to do as well but I lost track of furnishings and ran out of space. 700/700. I'm on vacation at the moment so I plan to clean it up and consolidate. It's a process but we all know it.
    Edited by TheValkyn on August 6, 2020 4:53PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheValkyn That looks amazing, a lot of work and very creative ideas! Thankyou for adding it.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed a lot of people have complaints about the layout but tend to forget that Bastion Sanguinarisis is a Vampire Castle, not a home for Mortals or even Werewolves for that matter so you need not waste furniture slots on things like a kitchen or even a bedroom for that matter, a coffin area is all they need, I think the Bastion is actually a Cathedral.

Anyway here is a pic of a room i am most proud of, here have my sleeping quarters in the Bastion Aerie, as it turns out the Elsweyr style fits well with the Vampiric Style, I used Elsweyr Stairs to make this room and placed my coffin at the top, there are two chandeliers in this room, one is above the coffin and another is in the center of the room out of camera, rather simple but it looks good.

VrEeDfk.png
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on August 7, 2020 12:11AM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TX12001rwb17_ESO Thanks, you are right about not bothering with kitchens unless for illusory purposes to hide your vampiric nature to guests. I love what you did and would like to see more.

I originally posted because I was trying to decide which house to get. There was a lot of pros and cons to many houses. I ended up getting the Bastion in the end.
    I am wanting to roleplay that my vampire nature is hidden to any mortal entering my home so any sign of vampirism has to be only on the upper levels of the house behind the fireplace. I wish that area was somewhat bigger for now.
    Eventually it won't be a problem because I will save up and buy Daggerfall Overlook for her Breton day lifestyle where she can live as human with mortals and pretend to be human and then the Bastion can just be outright vampire right through.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    @TX12001rwb17_ESO Thanks, you are right about not bothering with kitchens unless for illusory purposes to hide your vampiric nature to guests. I love what you did and would like to see more.

I originally posted because I was trying to decide which house to get. There was a lot of pros and cons to many houses. I ended up getting the Bastion in the end.
    I am wanting to roleplay that my vampire nature is hidden to any mortal entering my home so any sign of vampirism has to be only on the upper levels of the house behind the fireplace. I wish that area was somewhat bigger for now.
    Eventually it won't be a problem because I will save up and buy Daggerfall Overlook for her Breton day lifestyle where she can live as human with mortals and pretend to be human and then the Bastion can just be outright vampire right through.

The problem is the house is so obviously Vampiric that trying to hide your Vampiric nature from any guests would be laughable, it would be like you walking around in Blood Scion form and wearing a pair of sunglasses thinking they would fool anyone into thinking you were a regular person.

I believe the Daggerfall Overlook or the Ebonheart Chateau can get away with pretending a mortal lives here but not the Bastion Sanguinaris, be best to just not waste furniture slots there on things a Vampire would never need or use.
  • LadySilvie
    LadySilvie
    ✭✭

The problem is the house is so obviously Vampiric that trying to hide your Vampiric nature from any guests would be laughable, it would be like you walking around in Blood Scion form and wearing a pair of sunglasses thinking they would fool anyone into thinking you were a regular person.

I believe the Daggerfall Overlook or the Ebonheart Chateau can get away with pretending a mortal lives here but not the Bastion Sanguinaris, be best to just not waste furniture slots there on things a Vampire would never need or use.

"Hello, fellow bretons! Nothing to see here, don't mind the horns. See my cool sunglasses? I can totally go out in the sun. Vampires definitely can't. Anything you've heard to the contrary is definitely false." xD

I put a little guest kitchen in my Bastion since I figure she may have visitors who aren't vampiric, and my vamp would treat her thralls well. Don't mind the creepy zombielike thrall in the corner, he isn't representative of that haha.

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LadySilvie wrote: »

"Hello, fellow bretons! Nothing to see here, don't mind the horns. See my cool sunglasses? I can totally go out in the sun. Vampires definitely can't. Anything you've heard to the contrary is definitely false." xD
    :smiley: Sounds awesome tbh.
    mrsrobot wrote: »

Well, I think that people can make any build work for themselves, so I don't think that mrsrobot's idea is all that impossible or outlandish. There's an example right in this thread in which Bastion looks like a perfectly normal theatre.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I figure she will just be taken for a rich eccentric Breton with odd taste for now.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a video tour of Le Bayou Bastion.

https://youtu.be/0jSEP1A2gf8
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    Here’s a video tour of Le Bayou Bastion.

https://youtu.be/0jSEP1A2gf8

Wow the video tour really shows it well, great details and very spooky atmosphere.