The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bow cruelly lacks penetration?

• ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    Your build is wrong. Try these.
    Good luck!
    Do you have something outside of these niche frenzy bush ganking builds ?
    Even on these videos auuthor is alive just because opponents were busy with other players.

Thats what op is talking about - outside of bush gabmkiung, bow line is barely playable on competitive level.

No way! Bow builds are plentiful and quite successful in BG's right now. My BG guild jokes that bow builds are the new magSorc in BG's because they're so ubiquitous. The bow skill line is quite well rounded and works very well. What it lacks in damage (questionable) it makes up for in utility. Here's my bowCro: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=244975 - granted a lot of the damage comes from procs, but the build would hardly work at all without a bow.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!
    Even on these videos auuthor is alive just because opponents were busy with other players.

Thats what op is talking about - outside of bush gabmkiung, bow line is barely playable on competitive level.

No way! Bow builds are plentiful and quite successful in BG's right now. My BG guild jokes that bow builds are the new magSorc in BG's because they're so ubiquitous. The bow skill line is quite well rounded and works very well. What it lacks in damage (questionable) it makes up for in utility. Here's my bowCro: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=244975 - granted a lot of the damage comes from procs, but the build would hardly work at all without a bow.

Thanks for the build, but i was refering to nightblade archer.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!

Thanks for the build, but i was refering to nightblade archer.

That build would work fine on a nightblade too. Just use Grim Focus in place of Blast Bones, and use either Crushing Weapon or Silver Shards as your spammable.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    That build would work fine on a nightblade too. Just use Grim Focus in place of Blast Bones, and use either Crushing Weapon or Silver Shards as your spammable.

Bow stamblade has not major defile (rip).
    Minor defile belongs to lethal arrow wich is usefull only in bushganking or killing busy opponents.
    Sorry, but i have seen any build but EFFICIENT BOW NB brawler build.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow stamblade has not major defile (rip).
    Minor defile belongs to lethal arrow wich is usefull only in bushganking or killing busy opponents.
    Sorry, but i have seen any build but EFFICIENT BOW NB brawler build.

I'll try to carve out some time this weekend and put that gear on my stamblade, record some BG's, and link you the footage. That build shreds regardless of class.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, i play dw/bow nb in pvp, but not a gank build. And ever since they removed the "autododge" from some skills, like before they would increase your dodge change, ALL i see when using bow skills is dodge, dodge, dodge. It happens even with players standing still sieging. Never happens with for example destro staff skills. Just my experience. I'd personally like the precise trait to be actually precise on bows, and it would decrease targets' dodge change. I love the bow, i love the way it feels to use. Pls buff. Not snipe though.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    Bow cruelly lacks penetration?Even if I send a salvo of attack of some kind, I do very little damage with my NB bow, compared to the wizard in front of me who kills me in less than 2 or the big brute with a barbarian weapon authorized to dps...

I try a multitude of sets in addition to adding weapon damage on the jewels, but those always for a result most of the time mediocre, without forgetting this cursed support instead of killing, so confusing that to have results 3/4 of the time, you helped, you helped ...

For a while I manage to find something in the evening I surely face noob in front of me, because sometimes I manage to do some killing, but during the day it's almost impossible to have a satisfying result playing BG.

I wish I could play my *** archetype!

Do you manage to get out of it you archers players?

I really don't know what is wrong with your build or play style, but bow is not inferior to to other weapons, it just requires different playstyle and mind set. If you play nightblade, you are most likely squishy because you do not have/use armor buff. Make sure you have atleast 20k HP, nobody can 2 shot you that way. Make sure you use approipraite skills like dots, stuns and spammable and excutes if you have to. You need to have some sort of mobility like stealth or shade.

I'm not bashing but everytime play bow set up on my stamsorc, I usaully get more kills than I do with daul wield and 2H. I like play bow build a lot, but it generate lots of hate in BG really quickly. Then you have everyone trying to kill you because you killed them with snipe. Fyi, I use eternal vigor, balrogh and spriggon, my weapon damage is around 2.5k. Sometimes I use balrogh, eternal vigor, backbar sword and shield invagorating and front bar blackrose bow, weapon damage still around 2.5k. I rarely activate balrogh on both builds as my main ultimate is overlaod. Overload does not activate balrogh.

Fyi, bow has a passive that increases its skills damage by 5% per LA, stacking up to 25% for 5 secs. This is essensioally stronger than major brutalty vut shorter duration and can stack with major brutality. Bow also has another passive that increases damage against range enemies by up to 12%. If you want to make the most of it, you have to be at range.
    Edited by universal_wrath on August 13, 2020 11:16AM
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    bow weapon needs to have equal the damage as other weapons do.
    right now bow does less damage than it should.
    needs a buff for fairness.

But before they need to rework snipe or it gets out of control with an bow buff