The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Environmental damage bug

LashanW
LashanW
✭✭✭✭✭
Why am I getting insta-killed to environmental damage when I'm standing on flat terrain (with no lava)? This is the second time this happened.

zuXIki9.png
---No longer active in ESO---
Platform: PC-EU
CP: 2500+
Trial Achievements
Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

No, but seriously, you probably took that damage way before you died. I think the lag is the issue here.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but seriously, you probably took that damage way before you died. I think the lag is the issue here.
    Nah. There are no places in that map that can cause that much environmental damage. And the match just started.

It's more likely because of the DK leap ultimate as that cause you to "fall". Game bugged out and must've thought I fell from a very high place or something. I died right after getting hit by that ultimate.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are "kill volumes" around maps to prevent players from getting to areas they shouldn't have access to. One is usually near the spawns to prevent players from getting back into the spawn area.

Sometimes, "knock up" skills, like leap, will knock you into one of these kill volumes.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”