The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tank Back Bar Choice

OrionPriest
I feel like I am finally refining my tank to be respectable in his role. I'm primarily running Ebon (5 pc armor and jewlery) and Leeching (5 pc on front w/ sword and shield) with an off set Ice Staff (left over Tourg's) on the back bar. My question is, since i spend 90% of my time on my front bar should I get my back bar in Leeching so it stays up 100% or is there something else I should consider for my back bar since I only really use it for the first few seconds of a fight?
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself personally, I dual bar my sets, I don't like losing a 5 piece bonus for a back bar 2 piece bonus. So I have the same weapon set on my front and back bar.

But that's really a matter of preference.
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Leeching sword and board is pretty easy to get, the named sword drops pretty frequently and the shield is the quest reward if you want to switch from the ice staff
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leeching sword and board is pretty easy to get, the named sword drops pretty frequently and the shield is the quest reward if you want to switch from the ice staff

I think he already has the sword and shield for Leeching.
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I am finally refining my tank to be respectable in his role.
    Leeching Plate
    kekw
    But seriously speaking, don't waste your time trying to get Leeching at all, if you want to be respectable in tank role. Swap it for something usefull, like Alkosh, Yolnahkriin or even Torug's. Use lightning or ice staff on a backbar with crusher enchantment. Alkosh and Yolna might take time to get, but you can stick with Torug's for some time, since you already have it.
    Edited by Wyrd88 on August 5, 2020 4:46AM
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my off-tank, I run a resto staff. My off-tank is more of a mag tank, so when I run resto, we can run a 3rd dps rather than a healer.

On my main tank, I have dual S/B
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Bow back bar on tank, using Endless Hail for applying Infused Crusher enchantment.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    I run S&B crusher on frontbar (masters sword and shield), crusher enchant

and use yolnahkrii S&B backbar to apply minor courage with taunt and have a weakening enchant on it

I don't like staves.
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried a number of options for backbar weapon, and you can make it work with any of them, but being able to heavy attack to regen magic is so much better then slotting balance.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just drop leeching, it's not a necessary set. I mean if you can survive without it, isn't it much better to buff your team instead? Get Alkosh.

I backbar Alkosh and use Maelstrom's S&B on frontbar
  • OrionPriest
    Just drop leeching, it's not a necessary set. I mean if you can survive without it, isn't it much better to buff your team instead? Get Alkosh.

I backbar Alkosh and use Maelstrom's S&B on frontbar

I would love to, I can't manage to find my way into trials.