The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Malacath Band Bug That Nobody Noticed

Eclipze
Eclipze
✭✭
Hello all, I wanted to address a bug that hopefully zenimax has an answer if its intended but i fully believe it is a bug. Minor Beserk, Major Beserk, And Essence Thief all increase the damage done to proc sets. Malacath band also increases damage done, but it doesn't increase the damage done to proc sets. This must be a bug because if the tool tip says "Increases damage done by 25%" then it should also increase the damage to proc sets. Can ZOS please tell me if this is a bug or if this is intended? if so why does minor beserk and essence thief increases damage done and also increases proc sets damage?
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eclipze wrote: »
    Hello all, I wanted to address a bug that hopefully zenimax has an answer if its intended but i fully believe it is a bug. Minor Beserk, Major Beserk, And Essence Thief all increase the damage done to proc sets. Malacath band also increases damage done, but it doesn't increase the damage done to proc sets. This must be a bug because if the tool tip says "Increases damage done by 25%" then it should also increase the damage to proc sets. Can ZOS please tell me if this is a bug or if this is intended? if so why does minor beserk and essence thief increases damage done and also increases proc sets damage?

Wow... just wow..... it increases damage done so not tool tips but the damage done so yes it does increase the damage. Slap it on and use and your procs go up. Enjoy.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I can fly...oh wait I can't...must be a 🐛
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It does increase the damage of procsets, but doesn't show up on the tool tip.
    In general you shouldn't trust tool tips in eso too much, and rather test things yourself.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haha I don't want to be that guy, but this is probably one of the hottest discussions now, especially on the PTS part of the forums. Malacath increases proc set damage.
    EU PC
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    Haha I don't want to be that guy, but this is probably one of the hottest discussions now, especially on the PTS part of the forums. Malacath increases proc set damage.

And it probably shouldn't. The downside is that it removes crits, but proc sets can't crit, so it would be logical that only damage that can crit should be improved by Malacath
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So strange Nobody Noticed this bug.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow... just wow..... it increases damage done so not tool tips but the damage done so yes it does increase the damage. Slap it on and use and your procs go up. Enjoy.

That confused me so much when I got it. I put on Slimecraw, minor berserk 8%, and my tooltips go up. Put on Malacath, nothing. I thought it was bugged. lol.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

That confused me so much when I got it. I put on Slimecraw, minor berserk 8%, and my tooltips go up. Put on Malacath, nothing. I thought it was bugged. lol.

A general rule for this game is to ALWAYS test yourself. Sets, abilities, champion point damage modifiers, everything is inconsistent.

Whether you want to try a crafted set or understand skill tooltips in actual combat, many times you are much better off going over to a target skeleton to test. There is also a lot of outdated information online because the modifiers on skills/sets have changed so many times over the years in arbitrary ways.

Always. Test. :smile:
    Edited by Vaoh on July 30, 2020 9:11PM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I feel bad. I figured this band was useless because I play as stealth with procs.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I start to understand why so many things bring nerf
  • Eclipze
    Eclipze
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »

A general rule for this game is to ALWAYS test yourself. Sets, abilities, champion point damage modifiers, everything is inconsistent.

Whether you want to try a crafted set or understand skill tooltips in actual combat, many times you are much better off going over to a target skeleton to test. There is also a lot of outdated information online because the modifiers on skills/sets have changed so many times over the years in arbitrary ways.

Always. Test. :smile:

If it doesn’t show it on the tooltip, it’s still bugged. I’ll test the proc set damage rn but I’m sure it doesn’t increase proc set damage at all.

EDIT: The above comment was correct, it does increase the damage of proc sets, but doesn’t correctly say it on the tooltip. So I guess the set is working but it would be great if zos can fix it on the tooltip.
    Edited by Eclipze on August 3, 2020 8:00PM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still pretty weak compared to crit damage, but has its uses of course. So, it increases the damage done, but not the tooltip? I had no idea, really. Explains why my StamDK (PVP) felt a lot stronger than it should be! It's a heavy armor build with very low crit, so it was rather easy to feel 25% more damage over all, compared to like 20% crit chance was a good decision. Especially in no CP type of PVP.

If only ZOS now - for once - could let this remain the way it is, that would indeed be pretty great. It's not "op", but it opens up a lot of opportunity for more weird builds, that are not really viable otherwise.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    It's still pretty weak compared to crit damage, but has its uses of course. So, it increases the damage done, but not the tooltip? I had no idea, really. Explains why my StamDK (PVP) felt a lot stronger than it should be! It's a heavy armor build with very low crit, so it was rather easy to feel 25% more damage over all, compared to like 20% crit chance was a good decision. Especially in no CP type of PVP.

If only ZOS now - for once - could let this remain the way it is, that would indeed be pretty great. It's not "op", but it opens up a lot of opportunity for more weird builds, that are not really viable otherwise.

In no cp its very op, even in medium/light Armour you will usually have about 30% ish crit chance, and when you do crit, your damage gets reduced by crit resist.
    On my stamplar when I put this on, it feels like all my hits crit, that's how strong it is.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Raudgrani wrote: »

In no cp its very op, even in medium/light Armour you will usually have about 30% ish crit chance, and when you do crit, your damage gets reduced by crit resist.
    On my stamplar when I put this on, it feels like all my hits crit, that's how strong it is.

It's strong, but not "op". That's bs. This is the reason everything good gets destroyed in this game. Remember that you sacrifice the possibility to use one set, if you use this - in no-CP quite likely a defensive or sustain option; and if not you are likely running like Eternal Vigor or something, leaving you with one option (set) to increase your damage.
    It's admittedly very good on a heavy armor build in particular, but if "all my hits feel like crits", it just hints you haven't been running a decent build in no-CP before. The difference really isn't that enormous compared to a dedicated no-CP build. It gives you more building options, that's about it.