The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can't login today

ravendies
ravendies
✭✭✭
Both my wife and I tried to login on PC for our daily rewards and cannot login. I made sure both account names and passwords were correct and still not working.
Anyone else having the same issue?
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just came to the forums to post the same issue. Cannot login via PC/NA. I do NOT login via Steam.
    Edited by Shantu on August 5, 2020 11:34PM
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Just came to the fvorums to post the same issue. Cannot login via PC/NA. I do NOT login via Steam.

Same here not Steam, ESO Launcher.
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    i can log in on one account but the other (main) account is getting the 'you'r login is invalid or inactive, despite getting into my account profile with the same credentials to find that it is active and has most of my year long sub still applied. changed my password on the off chance something happened and even with the new password it is STILL saying invalid or inactive.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just logged-in to PC/NA (7:35pm) without a problem, and saw the people in my friends list who are normally on at this time also logged-in.

(location: southeast coastal US)
    (friends located in Pacific NW)

Edited by bearbelly on August 5, 2020 11:43PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not had any problems logging in several times today (PC-NA no steam). Just logged in again a few moments ago. Sorry that some folks are having trouble.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i also cannot log in with the launcher. it said to use steam if i purchased eso through steam (did not, but it got linked when i bought morrowind) and steam is currently down.
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    I just logged-in to PC/NA (7:35pm) without a problem, and saw the people in my friends list who are normally on at this time also logged-in.

if i can get in on one of my accounts then it's not universal, and none of us having this issue are reporting steam being a problem

• Pyvos
    Pyvos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steam is bork. Not ESO specific.

DwSbF0O.jpg
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I originally bought the game through Steam, but I dislike the platform. Over 2 years ago I purchased a separate standard edition through the ESO website, which I have logged in through ever since. No doubt this has something to do with the maintenance that happened today.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was having the same issue. I have steam linked on my account but I don't play through steam and never had to go through steam because I bought the game back in 2015. I did unlink my steam account and was able to log in afterwards. Even if you never play through steam, I recommend checking your account to see if they're linked. May have something to do with it.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    Pyvos wrote: »
    Steam is bork. Not ESO specific.

DwSbF0O.jpg

But I am not trying to login through Steam, I'm using the ESO Launcher. It is not outside the realm of possibility the recently completely Account Systems Maintenance could have lead to an issue for some users both Steam and non-Steam.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got in.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

if i can get in on one of my accounts then it's not universal, and none of us having this issue are reporting steam being a problem

I am saying the same thing.
    I can log in, so it's not universal. And I wouldn't touch Steam with a 50-foot pole, I use the ESO launcher, so that isn't an issue for me, either.
    Edited by bearbelly on August 6, 2020 12:19AM
  • thecoffeeguy
    thecoffeeguy
    Soul Shriven
    anyone to play ESO without using steam (if you bought it through steam)?
    or do you have to play it through steam?
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    Was having the same issue. I have steam linked on my account but I don't play through steam and never had to go through steam because I bought the game back in 2015. I did unlink my steam account and was able to log in afterwards. Even if you never play through steam, I recommend checking your account to see if they're linked. May have something to do with it.

just unlinked mine and it's logging in now.
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »

just unlinked mine and it's logging in now.

My wife did the same and it worked but I can't remember the answer to my security question that I created in 2013.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Bloodraven187 (love that name; she was one of my favorite D2 NPCs)

Is your main account linked to Steam, even though you're logging-in with the ESO launcher?
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, I log in on launcher, not Steam. Can't log in.

My girlfriend also reports that she is unable to download an update of the game via the launcher. She hasn't played since before the most recent maintenance, so she needed to update. When she went to do so today, she kept getting a message that said the request for the patch was denied.
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I can login, but each time I port from one place to another I crash to the login screen. Doing the main quest and going to and from the Harborage crash to desktop multiple times.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow log in but no issues. Run repair, fixed for me
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The entitlement issues for Steam users across Bethesda titles yesterday have been resolved. If you are still having issues with logging in please let us know what error message you are getting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post