The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any idea what is causing grid lines on tv? Is it this game, my gpu, my tv?

SpiderKnight
SpiderKnight
✭✭✭✭✭
I seem to only have this on ESO, no other games that I could see. I sometimes would see it in Fallout 4 against the night sky barely. But it's a faint black grid that is noticeable in the blue sky. I thought it was maybe reshade that I started using today (filmic mask makes it worse) but after uninstalling everything, it persists. I went to Summerset and it disappeared for a minute, I move around and it pops up, I go back to Auridon and it's bad again.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This pic isn't the issue, but it is the grid pattern I see. (this happens for like half a sec when flipping between characters) The grid is the individual pixels on my tv, black lines between them. It's just a faint black grid across the sky.
    Yes, I realize playing on a shite 43" vizio isn't the best, but it's what I've got.
    X2TXGC4.png
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. If you did not shut down and start your PC after uninstalling reshade do that now and see if it still persists. Do not use the "restart" command as that does not do a true shut down.
    2. The issue is likely local. I think there is little chance it is the ESO client but anything is possible. The problem is unless someone has seen this specific issue we would be challenged to figure out if your TV/GPU/CPU/Motherboard is causing the issue.

Zos tech support may be able to help you figure it out if you create a ticket but they are still about two weeks behind.

Good luck.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SpiderKnight

Could you post or link to either a DxDiag or game consultant report?

Getting more details on your current PC setup will be helpful in troubleshooting these grid lines.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post