The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Questions about owning multiple accounts

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
I've completely maxed out my account. By that I mean, I have filled all 15 character slots and taken them to CP level.

But now , I no longer want to delete characters just to roll a new one. It's pretty devastating having to do that and having done it about 20+ times, I figure the best thing for me to do is to get a new account. However:
  • Is it allowed?
  • If it is, what are the basic requirements? An email address - anything else?
  • This account is on my SSD, but thtat is nearly full. Would I be able to put a second account on my other (virtaully empty)2TB HD?
Edited by Bam_Bam on April 5, 2018 5:13AM
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's allowed, it's common, it doesn't require you to install the game again, you just use the new login and password when you want to use the same account. Same client and same launcher.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's allowed, as long as you don't play both of them at the exact same time at the same pc. Log out on one, log in on the other, everything's fine.
    You need an email adress, and, obviously another game key.
    You don't need to install the game twice, just use your existing files.

Welcome to the wonderful world of more than one account :D
    Edited by Yuls on April 5, 2018 5:13AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks both - that is super-handy to know. Even better not having to download the game twice.

No intentions of logging in on 2 accounts. Are we allowed to use the mail system to send items between accounts (as long as both accounts are not logged in at the same time)? I'd like to free up some space on my existing characters! :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Ruusa
    Ruusa
    ✭✭✭
    Yup you can send mail between accounts, I have been doing it a lot recently since one of mine doesnt have ESO+.
    PC EU
    Erweka - altmer magicka sorc DD
    Varona Uveth - dunmer DK tank

Redfur Trading & Redfur Exchange
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually you could alternatively just play on EU/NA and not buy a new account, however this will limit you from sending mails to yourself or play with your current friends and guildies.

2 accounts are best though. You can join the same or new guilds, and have a bigger network on the same server, send mails to yourself etc.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So theres a really cool deal at the moment and I'll probably end up buying this.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_collection

Regarding buying extras such as ESO+ can you use the same credit card or paypal for both accounts? Or would I have to use a different c.card / Paypal account?
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the same payment methods. I have multiple accounts with all the same info, except different username/password and email (you might be able to use the same email - I don't know). Note that the accounts are not "connected" in any way - no ESO+, no crowns, no DLCs, and no CP will come over from your first account.
  • Deepblue962
    Deepblue962
    ✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »
    It's allowed, as long as you don't play both of them at the exact same time at the same pc. Log out on one, log in on the other, everything's fine.
    You need an email adress, and, obviously another game key.
    You don't need to install the game twice, just use your existing files.

Welcome to the wonderful world of more than one account :D

So if I've purchased two copies of the game, I can't be logged on to both of them at the same time from the same PC? Why would they prohibit that? I assume I can be logged on to both from different PC's, right?
    Edited by Deepblue962 on July 13, 2018 7:14PM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to run multiple accounts on the same computer at the same time?
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Deepblue962
    Deepblue962
    ✭✭
    "Why" one might want to do it, isn't the question. There could be any number of reasons. My question is, "Is it really prohibited, and if so, why would it be?"
    Edited by Deepblue962 on July 13, 2018 7:42PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anything in the ToS that would necessarily bar one from running multiple accounts on the same computer at the same time. However, note that in doing so, you may not do anything that would violate the ToS section included below. Note that the part in bold (my emphasis) casts a pretty broad net. All the other stuff are just "examples", and aren't exhaustive in what they may view as prohibited.

You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities, or influence or advantage Your use of the Services. Third party tools, the use of "bots", "speed hacks", "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider", algorithms or other programs that copy or monitor any part of the Services (including, but not limited to, the Game(s) and/or forums), software that transmits, manipulates, or distributes (including, but are limited to, "mirroring") the data stream or any aspect of the Services to another computer, server websites or other publication or distribution media, or software that permits You to use Services without human input are examples of methods not authorized by ZeniMax.

• Deepblue962
    Deepblue962
    ✭✭
    Thank you smacx250. I wouldn't want to do anything that violates that, and can't really think of a good reason someone would want to use two accounts at the same time on the same PC, but it just seemed odd that someone said it was prohibited.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, just sucks that some of the shared resources won't be shared. I got a second one with a bundle through Steam (though you might steer clear of Steam activated offers right now)

They run them on sale from time to time, if you just need the base game, and you can hold out for sales for any DLC's you want to ad.

You can have as many as you're willing to pay for, it's absolutely not prohibited. (If you're not otherwise violating the ToS - botting, harrassment, etc, why on earth would they turn down income?

Let your main do the crafting for the alt, let you alt have hirelings you mail back to the main.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm a little surprised ESO hasn't implement an export token, something that would allow you to basically archive a character tied your account (no selling that way) so you could make new ones without having to summarily execute ones you wanted to keep. It would make them money, and let people shelve alts from patch to patch, if they ceased to be as effective.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 13, 2018 9:44PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    If you have 10 accounts you can have your own Guilds with the Guild Banks. 500 bank slots come in real handy for storage. If you have 5 of your own guilds--you have an extra 2000 slots for storage.

Just saying:)
  • SlikRick
    SlikRick
    Soul Shriven
    It also Depends on the PC if you have a Steam ESO client or an Official Client. Steam is connected to your account and will log in automatically both at start and when you re-log from being AFK. All though with the regular Client you can login with your Steam version account too. Then if you want steam overly just add it to your game library.
    Edited by SlikRick on December 29, 2018 4:14AM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SlikRick wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    It's allowed, it's common, it doesn't require you to install the game again, you just use the new login and password when you want to use the same account. Same client and same launcher.

Actually, Not quite. That also Depends on the PC if you have a Steam ESO client or an Official Client. Steam is connected to your account and will log in automatically both at start and when you re-log from being AFK. There fore if you have a copy on steam and a normal copy you will have to have BOTH clients installed to do so.

You can bypass the launcher (and Steam) by pinning the ESO client to your taskbar and opening it directly from the icon there. You can log into the non-Steam account that way with no need to install anything a second time.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    or find the directory: *\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\Launcher
    copy shortcut to desktop of: Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

opens as regular pc version, login screen

with the steam version you can either start a new account or link an existing account (not sure why you would do that latter though, as you can launch the game from the folder and login to any account)

using steam you can easily login to your steam account without any need for input
    or the other way you can also input your credentials for your steam account of eso
    gg ^&*
    Oh, now i 'C', lol ( * & ^ )
    Finally realized it is supposed to be about 'friends' online, lol; i thought it was about 'enemies' online, hmm
    Well, i can (must) buy the darkwood (?) sry, lol; blackwood expansion to get the companions, right? i'm looking into it right now.
    If they gonna put companions in the game, i'm a fool to say no (and be a f2p peon grinder, lol; feel for u, i used to do to) ;#)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    friimynd wrote: »
    or find the directory: *\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\Launcher
    copy shortcut to desktop of: Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

opens as regular pc version, login screen

with the steam version you can either start a new account or link an existing account (not sure why you would do that latter though, as you can launch the game from the folder and login to any account)

using steam you can easily login to your steam account without any need for input
    or the other way you can also input your credentials for your steam account of eso

This topic is almost 2 years old now, chances are they've figured it out now.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

Given the age of this thread and that some information may be out of date, we have closed it. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.