The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do you get Bastion Sanguinaris House?

Eclipze
Eclipze
✭✭
Just what the title says. Does anyone know how to get the Bastion Sanguinaris house? Bout drop drop easily 100+ dollars on it want a vampire themed home and this fits perfectly!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't been announced yet. Last Friday Gina and Cullen said that they 'haven't forgotten about it' and there would be news about it 'soon'. Perhaps they meant we'll see it in August's Crown Store Showcase. Guess we'll see.
  • Eclipze
    Eclipze
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    It hasn't been announced yet. Last Friday Gina and Cullen said that they 'haven't forgotten about it' and there would be news about it 'soon'. Perhaps they meant we'll see it in August's Crown Store Showcase. Guess we'll see.

Awesome thanks! Was worried it was only an event house and i missed the event for a second. Glad to know it’s not released yet!
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be available for a limited time starting tomorrow, Tuesday August 4, at 10am EDT, until Thursday August 20, probably also until 10am on that day.

August 2020 Crownstore Showcase
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was ready to buy this house, my first one that I didn't get for gold in fact, but it's so underwhelming that now I'm not really sure I want it. I missed it on PTS so today's the first time I got to look at it and it feels uninspired. I was hoping for some more nooks and crannies, instead we get a small entrance yard, a boring main hall, some terrace thingy, two round rooms and a wooden bridge to a bedroom. I think I'll wait for Psijiic Villa to show up again instead. What are your thoughts?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FYI they still haven't patched up the missing texture on the side of the waterfall. Looks a bit cheap, especially since it's not particularly hard to reach, it's literally there in the front garden. One of its sides is just plain missing.
    julz0zptj3fg.png
    (The lava glitch also made it to Live, but that requires deliberate shenanigans to trigger so it's not an issue).
    Michae wrote: »
    I was ready to buy this house, my first one that I didn't get for gold in fact, but it's so underwhelming that now I'm not really sure I want it. I missed it on PTS so today's the first time I got to look at it and it feels uninspired. I was hoping for some more nooks and crannies, instead we get a small entrance yard, a boring main hall, some terrace thingy, two round rooms and a wooden bridge to a bedroom. I think I'll wait for Psijiic Villa to show up again instead. What are your thoughts?
    I wish we had gotten the Grayhome vampire house (the castle that features in the Q4 DLC Prologue quest that will arrive with Stonethorn soon). That one is a proper castle with many rooms and separate corridors. The Bastion is a wonky church/crypt with two winding open-air passages leading to a sequence of rooms. Not nearly as versatile as other layouts would have been.
    ON-interior-Castle_Grayhome_13.jpg
    Also, Grayhome would have had windows which really help break the monotony of the walls. It's rather strange that a vampire castle on an island has proper arched windows that let some light in, but the Bastion which is underground and never sees any sun in Blackreach only has imitation windows that are just metal panels in the walls... But there we go. Just walls and metal in Bastion.
    ON-interior-Castle_Grayhome_19.jpg
    Alas, no Grayhome for us, and we're stuck with the Bastion. I really dislike the exterior which is full of those ugly unremovable orange corals that they recoloured from Elsweyr's Moon realm... not exactly the garden I would like as a vampire. Still, the interior is nice, if you can make the layout work for you.

Oh, and the price is 14,000 Unfurnished and 17,500 Furnished. In case anybody was on the fence about it... It's a little steep, but at least the Furnished version includes a lot of Paintings and a lot of Vampire furniture (Grand Tables, Armchairs and Braziers especially) that are quite expensive to buy at traders otherwise.
    Edited by bluebird on August 4, 2020 10:56PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI they still haven't patched up the missing texture on the side of the waterfall. Looks a bit cheap, especially since it's not particularly hard to reach, it's literally there in the front garden. One of its sides is just plain missing.
    julz0zptj3fg.png
    (The lava glitch also made it to Live, but that requires deliberate shenanigans to trigger so it's not an issue).
    I wish we had gotten the Grayhome vampire house (the castle that features in the Q4 DLC Prologue quest that will arrive with Stonethorn soon). That one is a proper castle with many rooms and separate corridors. The Bastion is a wonky church/crypt with two winding open-air passages leading to a sequence of rooms. Not nearly as versatile as other layouts would have been.
    Also, Grayhome would have had windows which really help break the monotony of the walls. It's rather strange that a vampire castle on an island has proper arched windows that let some light in, but the Bastion which is underground and never sees any sun in Blackreach only has imitation windows that are just metal panels in the walls... But there we go. Just walls and metal in Bastion.
    Alas, no Grayhome for us, and we're stuck with the Bastion. I really dislike the exterior which is full of those ugly unremovable orange corals that they recoloured from Elsweyr's Moon realm... not exactly the garden I would like as a vampire. Still, the interior is nice, if you can make the layout work for you.

Oh, and the price is 14,000 Unfurnished and 17,500 Furnished. In case anybody was on the fence about it... It's a little steep, but at least the Furnished version includes a lot of Paintings and a lot of Vampire furniture (Grand Tables, Armchairs and Braziers especially) that are quite expensive to buy at traders otherwise.

Thanks for the reply, you convinced me. I'm not going to buy it after all =D.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    julz0zptj3fg.png

Lol :smiley: Didn't mean to put you off the Bastion - it's a decent vampire house, and perhaps the only vampire house we'll ever get. It just has a few issues and it would have been better imo if they added Grayhome as a player house (it's just a playable area in a quest), instead of Bastion.

But, if you already have your eye on the Grand Psijic Villa, yes hat one is really nice! :smile: Hope they return it for you!
    szr0wvbnilmx.png
    (Here's a fun screenshot of me under the lava in Bastion :tongue: Totally safe! A hidden feature of the house, lol)
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    julz0zptj3fg.png

Lol :smiley: Didn't mean to put you off the Bastion - it's a decent vampire house, and perhaps the only vampire house we'll ever get. It just has a few issues and it would have been better imo if they added Grayhome as a player house (it's just a playable area in a quest), instead of Bastion.

But, if you already have your eye on the Grand Psijic Villa, yes hat one is really nice! :smile: Hope they return it for you!
    szr0wvbnilmx.png
    (Here's a fun screenshot of me under the lava in Bastion :tongue: Totally safe! A hidden feature of the house, lol)

Don't worry, it's just that this whole house deal is a bit off putting to me anyway. I think they are just too expensive for what they have to offer. I'd prefer another playground house, like Coldharbour Surreal Estate, where you could build what you want in an interesting setting. Bastion is just too bland in it's room setup and quite limiting in what you can do with it. I missed Grand Psijiic Villa back in the day because I forgot to buy Summerset due to some irl circumstances and I've been jealous of players who have it ever since. But I don't know if it's worth it's weight in Crowns, even though I have 19k amassed from my ESO+ subs.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the Psijic Villa during the Summerfall event. I like the style and the large outdoors area where you can leave it mostly natural except for adding landscaping (which didn’t come with the house).

However, the huge space inside is hard to figure out what to do with, and the walls in the two suites have these large rectangular indentations in them that I think might be a place for tapestries. I don’t like the Alinor tapestries so I am trying to find a way to cover them up. There are also arched shallow indentations too that can’t be covered by bookcases or wardrobes because they are taller. Very frustrating.

I guess that might sound nit picky, but the rest of the house doesn’t have these.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA