The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My impressions so far

Lvcifyre93
Lvcifyre93
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I just started playing ESO since a few days on PC (EU server, nickname Lvcifyre93) and wanted to share my thoughts with you all. I will take turns emphasizing a positive and negative point according to my experience.

- The community is really friendly: People are always commenting on how great the GW2 community is but so far I've been very impressed by the ESO community. Every time I ask something in /zone I get more help than I could have wished for! I also joined my first guild on day 2 whom were specifically recruiting new players to help them. Amazing! I was long hesitating if I should play on PS4 or PC but I went with PC for the easier chat/addons and I def. don't regret doing that, since I'm not a solo player at all

- The new player experience could be better: I understand how hard it must be to create a proper new player experience for an MMO that has received 6+ years of content updates, and ESO does some things quite well (leveling rewards, mechanics, skill advisor and so on), however, especially the order of the stories doesn't make sense at all. I started in Morrowind which is apparently not even the beginning area for the main story, and even now, I am confused with all stories/dlc/zones being mixed-up together. The content is really good but the logic behind it is hard to figure out. It was even hard to know what to buy with all the dlcs, expansions, ESO plus and so on.

- There is so much to do: skills, combat, questing, crafting, housing, looting, breaking in, fashion wars, pvp, dungeons, traits, trading, guilds, world events,... WOW!

- The content so far has been really easy: I'm leveling up really fast, especially from dungeons, and I feel really not challenged for now. I'm level 18 and I haven't even died yet, I was hoping to get a challenge in dungeons but no, really easy. I even beat one with two persons instead of four yesterday. I'm sure this will change once I get to end-game pvp and traits and so on, but for now i'm really lacking any kind of challenge which will make me want to master the combat system

- I couldn't play without addons: I mean, no mini-map? C'mon!

- The game looks AMAZING: even on my very low spec laptop

Really enjoying it so far and am looking forward to discovering the whole game!

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lvcifyre93 wrote: »

I've seen people complaining about absence of mini map so many times. But why is it so important?
  • Lvcifyre93
    Lvcifyre93
    Soul Shriven
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Lvcifyre93 wrote: »

I've seen people complaining about absence of mini map so many times. But why is it so important?

I was spending more time looking at the map than playing in-game
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will notice a remarkable uptick in PVE difficulty once you move into group vet content and more so with group vet DLC content. Hard modes in group vet will further increase the challenge.

Aside from soloing world bosses and world events, you will not find much challenge in overland content.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    The overland difficulty has been a point of debate for a while. Some people like it that way, I always wished it was harder. Dungeons do get harder as you get into vet mode and DLC dungeons, and you find ways to challenge yourself fighting WBs and group dungeons solo.

Mini map, yeah, I play on PS4. My first thought was; how is there no mini map? I've grown to like not having it though, in other games I often spend more staring at the map than the world around me, here I actually learn my way around from remembering landmarks, it's kind of refreshing.