Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

In regards to weapon-swap and skill Exp

Pelerin2014
Pelerin2014
✭✭✭
With weapon-swap, do skills gain Exp if they're on the hot-bar you aren't currently using? I hope that makes sense.

I'm just curious, because sometimes I have a skill on my bar I don't actually want to use - I just want to level it to IV, so being able to have a second set of skills I'm not necessarily using, but are gaining Exp would be cool.

Thanks.
Pelarius, Imperial Dragonknight of the Aldmeri Dominion.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not believe so. I think that you need it on your active bar when you get XP for the power to get XP.

However, you can basically have your second bar be powers that you want to level up, and switch to it any time that you're turning in quests.
  • Pelerin2014
    Pelerin2014
    ✭✭✭
    Hey good point, I may do that - and thanks for clarifying :)
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, only the skills on your current bar are the ones gaining experience, thats why I'm using my 2nd bar for skills I'm trying to level up and 1st bar is for my usual skills.
  • Pelerin2014
    Pelerin2014
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, so using the second bar to level up skills via quests seems like the way to go.

Thanks.
  • stryderzz
    stryderzz
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it only lvls the skills/weapon your using which i hated because rarely in fights did i need to use a restro staff so now at vet rank 1 my restro staff is 34 and my bow is lvl 50 /sigh