Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for Information

Amunari
Amunari
✭✭✭
Hello,

I am trying to find out how i can obtain an idea of what guild traders are what price ranges.

Thanks,

Amunari
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On, PC, you can use various addons or Tamriel Trade Center website.

For Console, it's pretty easy, but requires some shopping. Go to any major trading center, Wayrest, Rawkla, Deeshan, Stormhold etc, and shop at the merchants there for what you want to sell. Don't need to visit all the cities, just one will give you the range of what items are priced for in the trading centers. Adjust your prices down about 20% to 30% if your guild has a rural Kiosk.

Note, commodities like crafting mats pretty much sell for the same price everywhere.

If you are in a Guild, the Guild Info screen shows sales stats for the last 10 days.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Amunari
    Amunari
    ✭✭✭
    If you read what i posted, I am not Looking for the price of items. I AM LOOKING FOR THE PRICE OF TRADERS THEMSELVES.

Thanks.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guilds that run a trader will not share what they bid as then it would just allow someone to come in behind them and bid just 10K gold more and win their stall. Trader bids depend on which platform and server you are on. They can range from a few hundred thousand gold for 'rural' traders up to several tens of millions for big city traders.

• Amunari
    Amunari
    ✭✭✭
    Guilds that run a trader will not share what they bid as then it would just allow someone to come in behind them and bid just 10K gold more and win their stall. Trader bids depend on which platform and server you are on. They can range from a few hundred thousand gold for 'rural' traders up to several tens of millions for big city traders.

I am looking for information on "which area's are in the 100-750k a week". Rural area's are what? Is there examples of this?

The blind bid system is trash (as is eso's trading system)
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    When people refer to 'rural' traders they usually mean the traders that are outside of the main city in a zone, the ones that are all by themselves by a wayshrine in overland. Outlaw refuge traders are also generally going to be in the cheaper range.

Basically the traders that are in high traffic, easy to get to areas (Stormhaven, Grahtwood, Deshaan, Craglorn) are going to be the most expensive (millions) to win a bid. The lonely traders that are out in the middle of nowhere or not easy to get to (outlaws refuge you have to port to the zone and then enter the refuge, so 2 loading screens) are going to be significantly cheaper.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amunari wrote: »

I am looking for information on "which area's are in the 100-750k a week". Rural area's are what? Is there examples of this?

There's no published list, @Amunari, because (as you mentioned) the trader location is secured through blind bidding and changes every week.

Fortunately, though, you can bid on multiple locations ... and the gold for any unsecured bids is returned to you.

Getting into a trading spot can be tough for new guilds, so hold off on your negativity until you have more knowledge on how the system actually works. The majority of players like it.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 3, 2020 6:05PM
  • Amunari
    Amunari
    ✭✭✭
    , so hold off on your negativity until you have more knowledge on how the system actually works. The majority of players like it.

I am aware of how the system works, I am not aware of the pricing of various vendors.

Me having the opinion that something is trash is not negativity, it is criticism, If you don't like that to bad. Pleb designers should work on better systems then this.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭

There's no published list, @Amunari, because (as you mentioned) the trader location is secured through blind bidding and changes every week.

Fortunately, though, you can bid on multiple locations ... and the gold for any unsecured bids is returned to you.

Getting into a trading spot can be tough for new guilds, so hold off on your negativity until you have more knowledge on how the system actually works. The majority of players like it.

Actually, you don't know if the majority of players like it. I hate the guild system. I'd say the majority of GUILDMASTERS like it because they get a large amount of gold for free from the guild members. It is a trash system, I think.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »

Actually, you don't know if the majority of players like it. I hate the guild system. I'd say the majority of GUILDMASTERS like it because they get a large amount of gold for free from the guild members. It is a trash system, I think.

Every time an Auction House poll is proposed in the forums the majority always votes to keep the system as is.

Unless you have better data than that to support your opinion?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read what i posted, I am not Looking for the price of items. I AM LOOKING FOR THE PRICE OF TRADERS THEMSELVES.

Thanks.

It was not really that clear you were looking for priced on the guild traders vs prices of items the guild traders were selling. @Nestor made an appropriate post based on the question being asked.

@Taleof2Cities is also correct that there is no published list. Many areas are very competitive regardless of what the traders there go for. If that information was easily available then it would also be easy to outbid anyone.

The only way you will find areas your price range will work is to start bidding in different areas.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »

Not really. Successful trade guilds spend a lot of gold to keep their trader. It is a misconception that the guildmasters are making money off running the guild when they are likely contributing their own gold to help the guild.
  • Amunari
    Amunari
    ✭✭✭
    Every time an Auction House poll is proposed in the forums the majority always votes to keep the system as is.

Unless you have better data than that to support your opinion?

Do you know socrates (and others) talked about people "voting", he mentioned that "such things are never trustworthy as they are always interested in the benefit of self over others". [snip]

So,

How can you make this out to be as if it is a definite evidence its good?

Next,

I will draw your attention to the recent changes in the resource management of class (ie, stam/mag) and the nerfs that were given to better control them and empower auto attacks (light/heavy). [snip] It's clear that this change was partially, or largely motivated by economy stability (through the sink of gold via potions).

This is important to take into consideration as it further collects evidence that the current trade system is not working well.

Next,

Even more evidence is the fact that the devs are entertaining the idea of changing it.

The trade system, like other things in eso is sloppy, and not well thought out. I dont think an entire redesign is needed, but definitely some mechanical changes to the system (for example like changing the traders to grant some sort of increase of things that can be sold. For example, everyone can trade publicly, but non-trader guilds can only do it in a limited way (like 10 posts at a time publicly per member).

This would spread the economy around much better, and help stabilize things. Is a sort of way to softly remove the benefit of traders and grant some power back to other guilds. This will also decrease the costs of traders, because of the loss of value and as a result help fix that ever growing stress, and inflation being placed on guild leaders to carry their guild 4-5m a week for the good trade spots.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 4, 2020 1:51PM