The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Battlegrounds should gave group ques

eventualsuper
eventualsuper
Soul Shriven

Battlegrounds should gave group ques 40 votes

Yes
77%
NordJitsulolo_01b16_ESOLinearParadoxgitch2CinbrieventualsuperWeesacsRickilus0lbertikusQbikenFirstmepClawOfTheTwoMoonsJierdanitKurtAngle2tt_rs3flamesingUnified_GamingTeutoburgerWoppaBoemMizoreReyes 31 votes
No
22%
pauld1_ESOHanokihsDagoth_RacBrrrofskiGrim_SlaughterfishVanagrandvaleriiyaLoleTammany 9 votes
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be more detailed options.

- I believe there should be a way for friends to BG together
    - I prefer solo-only to the prior system
    - Just adding a "group queue" would likely fail due to low population and extremely long queue times
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • eventualsuper
    eventualsuper
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    No, a solo system and a group system separate would cause more problems, the prior system should come back.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Only if they only go up against other groups. If you want your own queue fine, but in no way, shape, or form should it be mixed with pug queue.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    No
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Only if they only go up against other groups. If you want your own queue fine, but in no way, shape, or form should it be mixed with pug queue.

This

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we already know that some people want group queues and others do not as this has been discussed numerous times. While I am one that is interested in group queues I also hope Zos has enough sense to not heed forum polls since the only have entertainment value.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow solos and duos to queue. Good compromise, minimal drawbacks, problem solved.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • PandooZa
    PandooZa
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

This indeed. I do want to be able to play with my friends as a pre-made, but not against 4 lone wolves..
  • Rickilus
    Rickilus
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    The old beats the new this time around. I'd rather be able to join as a group than not. Solo players should know the deal going in as a solo player. Try making some friends in cyrodiil, guilds, in general. ESO kinda runs on that. Not being able to group in BG breaks it in my opinion. Not to mention there are the times that lone wolves take a group.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Duo queue added to solo, there are other games that have this and it's fine. Self righteous solo players are trying to hold everyone else hostage, I have literally seen threads where they ask for getting a stat boost so they can fight ball groups alone, this is insanity and needs to stop.

If your Solo that is your choice but don't complain when people who are co-operating have an advantage, nobody is making you play Solo but now you are enforcing that choice on all of us.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm already getting so many unbalanced matches where one team steamrolls everyone if I didn't know better we already have premades.
  • eventualsuper
    eventualsuper
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    Rickilus wrote: »
    The old beats the new this time around. I'd rather be able to join as a group than not. Solo players should know the deal going in as a solo player. Try making some friends in cyrodiil, guilds, in general. ESO kinda runs on that. Not being able to group in BG breaks it in my opinion. Not to mention there are the times that lone wolves take a group.

I couldn't have said it better! Grouping up is what MMO is all about. If you want to stay solo, don't complain about getting steamrolled. It breaks the spirit of the game to just have solo ques, I don't mind it actually because I've been owning most games lately, I just want to play with my buddy.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The term MMO only means being on the same server as many other people, it doesn't automatically equate to every piece of content needs to be group play (there exists solo quests and content like vMA etc).

Additionally, there are many types of players play MMOs (solo, duos, small groups and large groups) and ideally, all should be catered for. Currently this isn't the case with BGs which is a problem as it's preventing friends playing with each other. Because of this a group queue is definitely needed.

On the other hand, games need to be played and balanced out as fairly as possible hence why a solo queue is also needed.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Why can't y'all take your own advice and let people have different playstyles? Make your own friends and guilds for Cyrodiil/IC and let everyone else have something casual they don't have to coordinate and/or be a tryhard at.

If groups have to come back, they need to stop at duo. Otherwise, we end up with the same imbalanced mess (and broken queue system) we had before, that led to the switch to solo in the first place. Nobody needs mini ball groups constantly dominating BGs and making matches take hours to start.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • eventualsuper
    eventualsuper
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    Hanokihs wrote: »

Why can't y'all take your own advice and let people have different playstyles? Make your own friends and guilds for Cyrodiil/IC and let everyone else have something casual they don't have to coordinate and/or be a tryhard at.

If groups have to come back, they need to stop at duo. Otherwise, we end up with the same imbalanced mess (and broken queue system) we had before, that led to the switch to solo in the first place. Nobody needs mini ball groups constantly dominating BGs and making matches take hours to start.

There is nothing "casual" about pvp, there will be all types of different people playing and at different levels and skillset. If you guys had your way pvp wouldn't exist, it would be called spoonfed.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Roughly 75% or more of the games I play are STILL a "stomp" thanks to the complete lack of MMR balancing and useless players looking for a carry for XP/daily rewards.
    I, too, once believed that it had to be groups, right? "There's no way the matchmaker could be grouping me with such ineffectual teammates, right? I mean, that one team hit 500 points when both other teams were barely at 100 or below! It has to be a premade that's ruining the balance!"
    . . . Yeah, same thing on a daily basis, without the group que. Only difference, I can't play with friends now :)

Great improvement. -_-
    Edited by LinearParadox on August 2, 2020 7:27AM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course, it should have group queues but they shouldn't be matched against random pugs to beat the shiz out of them. They could easily solve this issue with the introduction of a PvP lobby room where you can customize modes to your preferences. The PvP lobby will always have a official rooms for each PvP mode so it isn't always deathmatch.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like no option will ever work right for this. Probably why ZOS just gave up and made it solo. While there are lots of good suggestions, they all also have their share of drawbacks.