The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there any current info on non-Gear DPS?

EramTheLiar
EramTheLiar
✭✭✭✭
So... in the process of trying to get the hang of weaving, it occurred to me that it would be useful to practice weaving without any kind of special gear at all -- just default stuff, with no mastics, or traits, or runes, or anything -- in order to better measure how consistently I can generate damage using just light attacks and abilities.

Has anyone put any time into creating baseline dps levels with generic gear? It seems to me like it would be the best goalposts to use when you're trying to develop good weaving and rotation skills, but if it exists I'm not using the right search terms.
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's actually a really good idea for a test, if I have time later I'll jump on the PTS and try it.
    Because of how the PTS works would it work for you if the numbers were based on a CP810 character with class passives maxed and nothing else? Just naked with *gold weapon, no other gear or passives, or enchants, with either magicka or stamina maxed to match the weapon?

*gold weapon because I'm to lazy to craft white ones
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you are on console without add-ons. My condolences. Also crit chance exists so you can never have "consistent measure".
    Edited by zvavi on August 2, 2020 4:40PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    I assume you are on console without add-ons. My condolences. Also crit chance exists so you can never have "consistent measure".

On the 21 mil dummy the critical chance should smooth out over time, theoretically speaking of course.

The synergies seem to be randomized though so maybe you would have to skip those. Still seeing how far you can go unequipped using LA-Skill you aren’t going to go very far because of sustain. Maybe HA weaving would be a better measure or a rotation alternating light and heavy.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭

No I'm on PC. The damage parsing mods I've seen either don't show unmodified damage or if they do I don't know how to read the damage parsers correctly. I see breakdowns by damage type, and breakdowns that show when your set procs go off and how much damage they do, but nothing that separates your base damage from "and this extra damage comes from your set's passive bonus, and this is the bonus to your light attack because you're using a gold weapon."

But if you have someone who can regularly do 60, 65K dps all geared up (or is 60K low these days? You kids with your optimized damage) and when the gear is gone can do... I don't know, 15-20K, OR instead can do 30-40K, then there's some insight into how much force amplification comes from gear choices and how much comes from weave and rotation skill.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I'm on PC. The damage parsing mods I've seen either don't show unmodified damage or if they do I don't know how to read the damage parsers correctly. I see breakdowns by damage type, and breakdowns that show when your set procs go off and how much damage they do, but nothing that separates your base damage from "and this extra damage comes from your set's passive bonus, and this is the bonus to your light attack because you're using a gold weapon."

But if you have someone who can regularly do 60, 65K dps all geared up (or is 60K low these days? You kids with your optimized damage) and when the gear is gone can do... I don't know, 15-20K, OR instead can do 30-40K, then there's some insight into how much force amplification comes from gear choices and how much comes from weave and rotation skill.

To compare different gears you can use simple math (including max mag, spell dmg, crit&crit dmg) but you can definitely see amount of light attacks and dot uptime to understand how fluid your rotation+weaving are.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    That's actually a really good idea for a test, if I have time later I'll jump on the PTS and try it.
    Because of how the PTS works would it work for you if the numbers were based on a CP810 character with class passives maxed and nothing else? Just naked with *gold weapon, no other gear or passives, or enchants, with either magicka or stamina maxed to match the weapon?

*gold weapon because I'm to lazy to craft white ones

Yeah, I think that would be an excellent data point!