The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Name change token not working

grannas211
grannas211
✭✭✭✭✭
I bought name change tokens and they didn’t work. I already messaged CS. They sent a generic response. That didn’t help. That seems to be par for the course. Who is in charge of this game?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with a name change token another player may already have the character name you're wanting, @grannas211.

Use spaces or special characters to get a slight variation ... and you're good to go.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the issue could very well could be what Tale stated.
    I've purchased and used two Name Change tokens this week, and they both worked.
    But I go out of my way to make sure I choose a unique name; most often by adding a surname.
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Like Tale said, of another player may already have the name trying to change to.

Also if your new name is showing up as invalid it may have a banned word in it, like it happened to this player.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on August 1, 2020 8:21AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This thread is being closed since it was posted twice. You can find the original thread linked below.

Name change token not working
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.