The Gold Road Chapter ā€“ which includes the Scribing system ā€“ and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
ā€¢ PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance ā€“ April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

World Discovery šŸŒ

eMKa8
eMKa8
āœ­āœ­āœ­
Hi everyone.

I love to wander around Tamriel and discover the vaste landscapes , searching for lost treasures , ressources , ...

Not sure if this Question has ever been asked however what are the best Skills / gear / Champion Chip points / races / ... for maximising your fun in exploring the world.

Some examples:
1) In CP when you put 75 points in a specific tree then you can unlock treasure hunter which gives you higher quality items when opening chests.
2) thieves guild gives you access to blu treasury boxes throughout the world
3) psijic portals are unlocked when playing that starting quest of the psijic quest
4) when you level up your crafting skills you can get better quality items when deconstructing items

Now my question . What are other stuff to watch out for if you truly want to maximize your exploration fun and treasure hunting frenzy ?

;-)

I guess responses might be very diverse , however i would love to get them.

Are there any interesting gearsets for exploration ? Are there specific potions worth mentioning ? ....?

Thank you all

• TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    āœ­
    If you have greymoor do invest some time to gain perk that make chests glow when nearby
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    āœ­āœ­
    Get the steed mundus for some extra movement speed (applies to mounts as well I think) and get rapid maneuver from the AvA skill line. You can also get the ring of the wild hunt and swift jewellery to simply fly across the map. :)

Also the shadow rider passive from the dark brotherhood is an absolute must have if you don't want to aggro mobs every time you ride past them.

PS: The entrance to crypt of hearts (dungeon) in rivenspire looks really awesome, if you're looking for places to explore.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on July 31, 2020 5:56PM
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    āœ­
    - Sorcerer
    - Orc
    - Full Stamina
    - Steed Mundus stone
    - Fjord + Coward set
    - Use Hurricane for minor expedition
    - CP : Put point in Sprint cost reduction
    -
    => Enjoy running around faster than a maxed mount all day long ! :D

Edit : now I want to make one too... Fml..

Forget the other part,

For a good treasure exploration, you'll want to grind these line :
    - Legerdemain
    - Antiquities
    - Thief Guild (stealing some place can be fun too)
    - I saw you worte Psijic, but it's just the same as Enhanced Stone with a little gear part on the top and very rarely a motif of the area. This quest is not hard but boring to do. In an other the quest will make you travel a lot :>
    - For the crafting, yes, max it, not only for more ressources when decon but also Alchemy and Cooking will make your food and pot bonus last longer and craft multiple at once.

That said, all this gimmick but fun thing upper, if you want to explore the game and find treasure, good loot (motif and praxis) and beautiful place, just do all. That what I do, I've done every quest (even in Cyro), every DG in HM-No death-speed and close to every Trial in HM.

Their is many thing that will make you happy and I thing doing only a part of what the game offer can be boring fast (I've just finish leveling my antiquities !).

The only thing I find boring in game is fishing, can't stay immobile for hour in a game :x I rather do real fishing !
    Edited by Aznarb on July 31, 2020 7:06PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Sindala
    Sindala
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Gunny Sacks from fishing,
    Clams and Message in bottle from shorelines,
    Large Sacks and large Crates,
    Resource maps from crafting writs,
    Oh and every single sack, crate and barrel as the all have a chance of containing good loot.

Probably more but these sprung to mind.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Oh and also apart from the small blue Thieves guild chests, there is also a chance to find Thieve guild Dead drop chests in remote locations of the world, these contain special memento's with some cool animations when used ;)
  • zaria
    zaria
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Sindala wrote: Ā»
    Oh and also apart from the small blue Thieves guild chests, there is also a chance to find Thieve guild Dead drop chests in remote locations of the world, these contain special memento's with some cool animations when used ;)
    This is an collector item fan of false face in summerset, an small housing item who transform you to an monkey for an short time after used.
    All chapters and dlc has these collector items but the Summerset one is especially cool.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Dark brotherhood horse smaller detection range
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    āœ­āœ­āœ­
    If you have greymoor do invest some time to gain perk that make chests glow when nearby

Thank you !
    How do i do that? Where can i find that perk?

I do have greymoor
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    eMKa8 wrote: Ā»

Thank you !
    How do i do that? Where can i find that perk?

I do have greymoor

Keen Eye: Treasure Chests passive in the Excavation skill tree
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    āœ­āœ­āœ­
    @Aznarb thank you!
    What is enhanced stone ? Dont know it to be honest.

Is it difficult to gain ring of the wild hunt ? Would love to get it through antiquities. But still soooo much to explore.

The only thing i have done until now is
    - psijic main quest
    - Main quest line
    - Northern elsweyr complete
    - Now busy with summerset

Thats all ... and still lnly at 5% of the game

This is huge
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Oh and every single sack, crate and barrel as the all have a chance of containing good loot.

Sometimes i do find messages from shorlines bottles ... however what do they do ? I have 2 now in my inventory ... but no idea what to do with them

They seem useless
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    āœ­āœ­
    Sometimes when I'm in the mood I just pick a zone, port to some wayshrine, and just pick a direction. I take time to look at all the nice things there is, pick a flower or harvest a node. ZOS has made so many small things like a tent with a skeleton and a letter.

The other day when I was in Grahtwood I found a side quest I hadn't done, which ultimately led me to a small cabin with a hidden basement containing a little stage with arranged skeletons watching the "show". Fantastic!

First person view can also be fun while exploring the world. You never know what details you find when you're a little more close up.
    EU PC
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    āœ­
    @Aznarb thank you!
    What is enhanced stone ? Dont know it to be honest.

Is it difficult to gain ring of the wild hunt ? Would love to get it through antiquities. But still soooo much to explore.

The only thing i have done until now is
    - psijic main quest
    - Main quest line
    - Northern elsweyr complete
    - Now busy with summerset

Thats all ... and still lnly at 5% of the game

This is huge

Sorry had trouble to find the name was a bit to exhausted ^^'
    It's Rune that drop from this :
    SAhu6CQ.jpg

it look like this :
    200px-ON-item-Runestones.jpg

Dunno for the ring I don't have done Antiquitie yet cuz I'm lazy :p
    It's will probably took some time yes.

But hey, no need to worry, it's not a race, just take your time and enjoy the content :)

[ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Sindala
    Sindala
    āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­

Sometimes i do find messages from shorlines bottles ... however what do they do ? I have 2 now in my inventory ... but no idea what to do with them

They seem useless

Most of them are just damaged notes, but sometimes you get an intact note which gives a little side quest :D