The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class change tokens

dillonES
dillonES
✭✭
Title. Simple, easy, should already be in game considering you can buy tokens for everything else.
'Devourer of Sweetrolls"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, ZOS is making more profit from skyshard, skill line, and riding lesson sales from people leveling up their alts instead of just class changing.

And, boy, can you imagine how salty folks would be every update? There's be constant accusations that ZOS was monetizing class balance.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    and why should this be in-game already? so everyone too lazy and class change to the FOTM at the use of their credit cards? class change tokens should never be added. I'm a casual player since my son was born and still don't agree with such an idea and I like alts and playing other classes. Sure some stuff keeps me on my main but I still like my main and don't want to see class change tokens added, go roll new chars for different classes because it's not like levelling is hard.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with class change being added. It's not like we can't just have one of each class already. People claiming we'd just change to FOTM don't realize we can already do that. I have 18 toons, 3 of each class. If there is a new FOTM, I can just log into that character and run that build. Adding class change doesn't change that at all.

However, if you have a main character that likes to hunt achievements like I do, then being locked into a class you chose 5 years ago when you didn't even know how to play the game is a bit unfortunate. Let me change my main to the class of my choice and it would make me happier.

Alternatively, if they made motif knowledge and achievements accountwide, I would no longer need a "main" so it wouldn't matter. I'll take either for my purposes, class change or account wide motifs/achievements.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I'm still waiting to
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to swap warden a dead class from my main and never go back.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Can't wait to swap warden a dead class from my main and never go back.

Warden isn't dead, but it is possible for players to get bored on any class if they don't adapt to new patches or new metas.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, ZOS is making more profit from skyshard, skill line, and riding lesson sales from people leveling up their alts instead of just class changing.

And, boy, can you imagine how salty folks would be every update? There's be constant accusations that ZOS was monetizing class balance.

True on both accounts.
  • dillonES
    dillonES
    ✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    and why should this be in-game already? so everyone too lazy and class change to the FOTM at the use of their credit cards? class change tokens should never be added. I'm a casual player since my son was born and still don't agree with such an idea and I like alts and playing other classes. Sure some stuff keeps me on my main but I still like my main and don't want to see class change tokens added, go roll new chars for different classes because it's not like levelling is hard.

I'm also a causal player i don't even PVP, leveling is not the problem, but loosing motifs, research, and other character only collections is, i would easily level another character from 1 even if Champion points didn't exist, but i'm not going to replay quests, collect old motifs, and other such things just cause i've made a new character that stuff should be account bound, i'm thankful that they made some things like memento's, mounts, and pets account wide, but it's not enough. I don't care about what's meta i just want to play a different class that is all.
    'Devourer of Sweetrolls"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dillonES wrote: »

I'm also a causal player i don't even PVP, leveling is not the problem, but loosing motifs, research, and other character only collections is, i would easily level another character from 1 even if Champion points didn't exist, but i'm not going to replay quests, collect old motifs, and other such things just cause i've made a new character that stuff should be account bound, i'm thankful that they made some things like memento's, mounts, and pets account wide, but it's not enough. I don't care about what's meta i just want to play a different class that is all.

You do not need to collect the old motifs. The motifs are all on the first character I rolled which also happens to be one I no longer play often. It works well.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    dillonES wrote: »

You do not need to collect the old motifs. The motifs are all on the first character I rolled which also happens to be one I no longer play often. It works well.

^This.^

The only reason to collect motifs and research on a second character, @dillonES, is if you want to improve your chances for master writ drops on that second character.

You still have account-wide access to the motif styles and the first character can still do the high-end crafting (when needed).

There's nothing ... repeat NOTHING ... stopping you from rolling a new character in your desired class.

Which could take only a day if you're diligent about getting skill points and use some XP scrolls.
  • dillonES
    dillonES
    ✭✭
    and the all the quests and sidequests i've completed, do them over again no thanks.
    'Devourer of Sweetrolls"
  • Supersoul
    Supersoul
    Soul Shriven
    Yes I would like to buy a class change token !

I am tired of my main nightblade :/

Nightblade is too hard to play (lag is the 1st reason...).

Please zos, provide us a class change token !
    Edited by Supersoul on July 27, 2020 1:24PM
  • voreo
    voreo
    ✭✭✭
    I think it be nice but i do plan to level one of each class anyway.

Tbh probably the best idea even if this was implemented , know what you like then. :D
    Argonian Dragonknight

~Rawr
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't a big fan of the idea of class change tokens until about 3pm today... I now freely admit that I was wrong and you guys have the right idea!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for years. But some day
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't see the the real advantage of a Class Change Token.
    The reason I say that is, yes you would have all the class skill points refunded from your old skills, but your new class skills would start at 1. So you would still have to do quests to build those up.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people have a deep connection to their characters and don't just want to roll new ones. This is why they wish for class changes.

I'd use it immediately for one toon, despite having all classes already and no intention to delete any of those chars. But I just chose the wrong class for this particular person, whom I like in every other aspect of role-playing. ;)
    Edited by mikikatze on July 29, 2020 7:00AM
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm good as is as a DK but I wouldnt mind swapping my main to a NB.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer