Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Am I missing something with the "St Nerevar, Moon-and-Star" lead?

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been doing Hall of Justice dailies for 8 days now, 16 quests completed, and the lead STILL hasn't dropped. Am I doing something wrong? It's the only lead I still need at this point, besides the 6 glitched ones. Why is it taking so long to drop?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, RNG. It definitely DOES drop on Live. Many ppl have reported it from the Vvardenfell dailies.
    It took me several days too, doing dailies on 3 characters.
    But it does drop, so keep at it! :smile:
    l7coa7bb9uce.png
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 30 Hall of Justice quests now, having gotten some people to share their dailies. Still nothing.

This doesn't feel like it's working correctly. Should it really take weeks to get one lead?
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got it from the first worldboss quest I picked up, so it does drop.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, got it on completion of my 39th Hall of Justice Daily. Thank goodness dailies can be shared.

This lead may need some looking at. It's one thing if it takes dozens of enemy kills to get a lead.

It's another if it's a source that can only be attempted a limited number of times a day.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on June 28, 2020 6:33PM
  • Kaerithia
    Kaerithia
    ✭✭
    Same for me...doing quests now for the hole week on 7 charakters...all 4. So 28 per day and still no lead. It#s frustrating af. Sure its not bugged? So much rng is pretty annoying. It should have drop by now 1 times or more. Even the Dais of Almalexia droppt 2 times now. It sucks hard. Is there any other possibility to get this lead or just rng quests?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaerithia wrote: »
    Same for me...doing quests now for the hole week on 7 charakters...all 4. So 28 per day and still no lead. It#s frustrating af. Sure its not bugged? So much rng is pretty annoying. It should have drop by now 1 times or more. Even the Dais of Almalexia droppt 2 times now. It sucks hard. Is there any other possibility to get this lead or just rng quests?

ZOS loves RNG. Each morning, the whole studio gathers to honor and praise the RNG system. I am sure that there is a random punishment for disbelievers, latecomers, and those who miss for any reason. :smile:

Dependence on raw RNG for low drop rate items is easy to implement, easy to manage, widely used, and quite wrong. I have few happy thoughts for the unknown ZOS person who made this possible back in the early development days of ESO. I figure it was "that is how MMOs do it" mentality. Blah, blah, blah. Not an excuse. Low probability RNG is not fun.

The answer is that, yes, you have to slog through their low drop rate RNG by completing the same tasks over and over (and over (and over (and over))) until you get your little trinket. The really really neat part is that you often have to combine that trinket with other low drop rate trinkets before you can get your shiny.

This is how they get rats to solve mazes, dogs to press levers for kibble, and gamers to play games longer.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kaerithia
    Kaerithia
    ✭✭
    Yeah...RNG could produce some kind of tense. After searching a while to finally get your shiny trinket. But this...is absolute ridiculous. It would be great if ZOS raises the droprate of some items. Same goes btw for the furniture recipes. But yeah thats another story for another evening.

So I do see it correct that there is no other option and I have to grind my arse down with those 4 daylies? Great...just freakin great...
  • Kaerithia
    Kaerithia
    ✭✭
    2 more days with 28 quests and still nothing. It's getting ridiculous. It must be some kind of bug or something. Even the Aldmeris wall thingy drops or Thrassian stuff from fishing in Arteum. Malacath part from random mobs on Belkarth but no Nerevar lead? RNG has to trigger sometimes but this is getting out of hands. 7 days with 7 chars 4 quests each and no lead...