Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

make Mundane Rune have 100% drop rate from runestones

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
runestones are already not the most common nodes, Mundane Rune single handily makes crafting furniture very unproftable (ontop of the insane furnishing plans prices). its far too expensive. and you need a lot of it. it should be as common as bast or regulus.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Install HarvestMap add-on
    2. Set HarvestMap to enchanting nodes only
    3. Pick favorite zone
    4. Trace loop in said zone
    5. ...
    6. Profit
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a ton of runestones. You must be farming during peak hours.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it’s more about the OP not liking a fair price point in the guild stores, @volkeswagon. ;)
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they are expensive.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runestones are already not the most common nodes, Mundane Rune single handily makes crafting furniture very unproftable (ontop of the insane furnishing plans prices). its far too expensive. and you need a lot of it. it should be as common as bast or regulus.

If you have Summerset you still have time to get double node drops it’s a fix long term but a few hours of off peak farming will get you a ton.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should drop from the survey runestones. I think it's kind of silly that with all the Protean runestones I've farmed, I haven't gotten a single mundane rune.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭

I think it’s more about the OP not liking a fair price point in the guild stores, @volkeswagon. ;)

tbf if fair price point meant that runestones are 50% of the furniture cost (literally furniture that isn't even a praxis) and the selling price of those furnishings is literally what the cost of the mats is. the price is fair sure, the problem is that that price should be lower by having more mundane runes.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What exactly is the mundane rune used so much for, is building blocks? I have an excess and sold some off the other day. It was a surprise how much they went for. Since then I grab rune nodes everytime I see them.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many furniture require it to craft.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    What exactly is the mundane rune used so much for, is building blocks? I have an excess and sold some off the other day. It was a surprise how much they went for. Since then I grab rune nodes everytime I see them.

Furniture crafted at the enchanter need it.

For the King of Argonia
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭

no. not just the enchanter. most good high quality stuff needs it. and its a huge portion of the item price. it costs often more than all the other materials combined
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't forget about heartwood
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    don't forget about heartwood

heartwood price is fair. its less than half the cost of mundane rune. you will often find it at 100-110. and its not nearly as bad to farm
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to the post above regarding Summerset double drops. Plus, the event Coffers give other style / furnishing mats, and they drop quite regularly. Do the dailies on your alt characters, and instead of riding to the quest locations, just run and farm as you go.

S.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 1563 mundane rune
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know that much.

no. not just the enchanter. most good high quality stuff needs it. and its a huge portion of the item price. it costs often more than all the other materials combined

But which items? Are people filling homes with stone and marble items.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that much.

The same items you see in NPC buildings chairs, wall art, even fake food. You can’t really make your house look how ever you want

For the King of Argonia
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭

I know that much.

wood items use a lot of it. I made a cabinet that used 5 of them. thats what? 1300 gold. and the other mats cost was around 1400. so literally it costs as much as the other 4 mats.