The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unable to Attack

c363b
c363b
✭✭✭
One of my characters arrived just after the Queen of the Reef had been killed, so I left the character just outside the cove to login another character. When I logged in the first character again, I joined the fight that already was in progress. I could move the character normally and activate other players' synergies, but the character was not able to attack with weapons or skills by mouse clicks and number keys. The character did get credit for completing the quest when the Queen was dead. I didn't try reloadUI, as I thought the character might not reload in time to complete the quest.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was your character just spasming when you tried to do anything? If so, it's fairly common, and you have to dodge roll to fix it.

Working as intended.
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what your mean by spasming, but the character's only visible response to mouse button or number keys was a slight shift in positions of arms. Even numbers assigned to healing spells had no effect. When the queen was dead I left the cove to finish destroying the tainted coral and was attacked by the large Yahgra. As I had no way to defend, I could only run away until the character was killed by attacks from behind. The E key did destroy the coral as expected and direction keys worked normally.

What about this was "working as intended?"
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The spasming usually does resemble your character jerking their arm for like half a second, but no skills go off. Dodge rolling usually fixes it.

"Working as intended" stems from a phrase by ZOS that largely became a meme about things in the game not working properly.
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    The same situation occurred with another character doing the boss and pearl quest in Tor-Hame-Khord. When the character got to the room with the pearl, no live boss was there. I moved to a distant hall and returned, but still no boss. I then used reloadui outside the room and the boss appeared, but I was unable to attack her or any of the other enemies in the delve. Dodge rolling had no effect on the problem. I had to use fast travel to leave the delve and return from the wayshrine to complete the quest.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That does sound like something different than the usual bug.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Was your character just spasming when you tried to do anything? If so, it's fairly common, and you have to dodge roll to fix it.

Working as intended.

Yes -- this unfortunately happens. Thanks for the tip on dodge-rolling as a fix.

One fix I discovered by myself for the "Cannot Loot After Killing Mob" bug is to quickly change combat bars. Fixes that bug immediately, always works.

Hey, a bug that can be insta-fixed is pretty much a "unannounced added feature!" :smiley:

I've been playing MMORPGs since January 2000. (Crap, I am sooooo OLD). Bugs *ahem* "bonus features" :smiley: are part of every game.
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"