The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Leads blocking Steal All

GenjiraX
GenjiraX
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't think this happens on PC but on Xbox I've cracked a few lockboxes and, when they contained a Lead, the 'X' button (to Steal All) didn't work. I had to take each item individually using 'A'.
  • AzureButterfly
    AzureButterfly
    ✭✭✭
    This happens on PC too - I'm pretty sure it's because the Lead isn't a "stolen" item and the game gets confused. Once you take the Lead out of the lockbox/thieve's trove, the "take all" button works again.
    Options
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens on PC too - I'm pretty sure it's because the Lead isn't a "stolen" item and the game gets confused. Once you take the Lead out of the lockbox/thieve's trove, the "take all" button works again.

I've seen it on PC but I also have the problem that after the failed Steal All (which I hit by instinct), when I try to take just the lead it disappears and I get told 'this item is no longer available' and I get nothing. It's happened more than once and I came here specifically to ask if anybody else was seeing this behaviour.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    Options
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I've just picked a lockbox on PC that had a Lead and Steal All worked fine.

I did get a Thieves Trove on Xbox with a Lead that also worked fine but I can't remember if that's a Steal All or a Take All.

EDIT: it's a Steal All.
    Edited by GenjiraX on June 13, 2020 9:00AM
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA When I steal from a container that has a lead in it, the steal all does not work. I have to select and take the lead first.
    Edited by majulook on June 13, 2020 3:52PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran into this on PTS but haven't had a problem with it on Live.

I've seen it on PC but I also have the problem that after the failed Steal All (which I hit by instinct), when I try to take just the lead it disappears and I get told 'this item is no longer available' and I get nothing. It's happened more than once and I came here specifically to ask if anybody else was seeing this behaviour.

That seems to happen when you get a duplicate of a lead you already have active in your journal (either one that you haven't scried/excavated yet, or one that's a part of a multi-lead item that you haven't fully assembled yet).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    When I try to take a lead out of a lockbox, after viewing it, the lead is no longer available.
    It doesn't matter if I choose to loot things individually, or loot all, it's always gone.

This is on Xbox EU.

I've been wondering what's happening and how to solve this particular issue.
    Edited by Sylianwe on July 31, 2020 9:15PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
    Options
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if xbox has the option but there is a way to enable auto-loot stolen items on PC. That should get around that issue you have seen.

The lead not being available message after looting isnt a bug, that is because you already have it and have not excavated it yet.
    Options