The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Medium" Alinor-Style Home

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a pretty long shot, but looking at the three Alinor-styled houses available in the game (Golden Gryphon Garrett, Alinor Crest Townhouse, Grand Psijic Villa), and it seems our only options either either a tiny inn room (which is nearly as big as the "big"/buyable inn rooms that have 100 item capacities, but that's another can of worms), or a rather sizable mansion (Townhouse is also pretty large; Psijic Villa is enormous and also not really justified by the 700-item ESO+ limit. but I digress).

What I want to see is a medium-sized Alinor-style home around the same size/range as the 300k-range homes or such. Even one of the 50k-tier ones would be nice (both, would be absolutely amazing). I know this is highly unlikely, but I think amassing all this Culanda Lacquer from the Summerset Event really fired up a desire to see an update to the Altmer, who didn't even get a full "year" to themselves the way Dunmer (Morrowind, Clockwork City), Khajiit (Northern, Southern Elsweyr), and now Nords (Western Skyrim, The Reach) got. [heck, there aren't even any crafting surveys in Summerset]. Maybe I'm also a bit salty because after painstakingly learning all the Alinor recipes, I don't even have any more beautiful Alinor homes to furnish with them.

TL;DR—ZOS, if you add another Alinor-style home (or two) to this game, I will pay a good amount of crowns/gold to be able to obtain it. Any possible way to add a little QOL like that for us pretty please?

(to anyone else: for perspective, I was looking at "Rethelmir's House", which is west-southwest of Shimmerene, around this area where my character pointer is.)
mlf6ghwwr83h.png
Edited by Zulera301 on July 26, 2020 7:54AM
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Batgirl
    Batgirl
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, a nice medium size home on countryside, wouldnt even mind a copy - pasted layout of one of the already existing ones. With ground and upper floor, 2-3 small-medium rooms, nice wooden parquet and Wall panelling, and a small plot of land, kind of domus phrasticus size or slightly bigger. 👌🏻
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! A cute little Alinor cottage would be great - with a nice open plot of land so we can put our Windmill and Greenhouse there too, and all those colourful Summerset trees! Oh, and please add the proper grape vine furniture. We have kegs and wine presses, but no grapevines - even though there are several of those lovely rows ingame (I know we can fake the grapevines with some grapes and other plants but a proper vinyard would be so cool).
    jT98Suc.png
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, this would practically print ZOS free money too, so I feel like that's all the more reason it ought to be implemented.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice, as long as it has a garden and a generous furnishing limit for its size.
  • Moyra74
    Moyra74
    ✭✭
    Yes please! I was really bummed that there wasn't a medium Alinor house available when I was looking at the options the other day. I haven't been playing all that long so the bigger houses are really out of my scope. A small garden, a second floor and two or three rooms would be much appreciated too. :)
    Going the wrong way since 1974
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I do love the townhouse. I
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I did with the Grand Villa is block of most of the exterior with hedges (100g from alinor vendor, but you need a lot - I think I used 100), and then block off the two tower rooms inside with planks. The balconies I added additional walls to make rooms (The current event is really helping with the Culanda Lacquer, but I spent most of the gold I've made from antiquity treasures on the furnsihing plans and mundane runes!).

This has left me with around 400 slots to decorate with (I think - I was decorating some parts like the backrooms as I went along, but I used about 150 hedges and around 50 Alinor Walls and Fences, plus a few other structures in a few places. I may have gone overboard on the hedges though...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to own the house Bluebird has posted a picture of. The garden could look so pretty with all the lovely trees I bought from the luxury vendor :)
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Agreed! A cute little Alinor cottage would be great - with a nice open plot of land so we can put our Windmill and Greenhouse there too, and all those colourful Summerset trees! Oh, and please add the proper grape vine furniture. We have kegs and wine presses, but no grapevines - even though there are several of those lovely rows ingame (I know we can fake the grapevines with some grapes and other plants but a proper vinyard would be so cool).
    jT98Suc.png

Yes! Like Gardner House, with a closed in yard, and gate to enter.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my God! Yes! Please! The game has many fans of Alinor architecture. But we need a small yard. There is a problem that in Altmeri houses there is nowhere to make a garden, starting with vanilla houses. I really don't know if 400 slots will be enough for us. The same house in Solitude is smaller and has 600 slots.
    cee0na39zecj.jpg
    ctepnkjwc671.jpg
    PC/EU