The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Antiquity Question

gamerguy757
gamerguy757
✭✭✭✭✭
If you are hunting for a lead, say the Malacath Ring pieces, and you find the pieces, do you have to keep them in inventory?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, none of the parts after you find them affect your inventory.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all are "somewhere"
    untill you dig them all.
    Then they combine into a ring
    Awake, but at what cost
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they don’t stay in inventory as a “Treasure?”
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll only get something in your inventory after you find all the pieces with the Mythic items.
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get multiple mythic items? Like can I find duplicate leads for mythic items
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you get multiple mythic items? Like can I find duplicate leads for mythic items

You can, but can't get leads for a mythic until current one is completed. Like if you have 3/5 Malacath's parts, if you get a lead for a part you currently have it will be wasted
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they don’t stay in inventory as a “Treasure?”

No, they are like a Collection item, only there is no Collection Category. You see what pieces you have in your Journal for that particular Mythic Item. Note, the Journal System is not all that clear about what you have or don't, but that is where you see it. At least the Parts are not taking up Slots while you are hunting.

They are held in an Account Wide listing so that once any of the characters on your account finds the 5th or last piece, then you get the Mythic Item in your inventory.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"