The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magic Necromancer or magic/Stamina Nightblade?

BloodyCatz
BloodyCatz
Soul Shriven
Hello. I can't decide with class to play. Magic Necromancer DPS or Nightblade. Nightblade can be either magic or stamina. In future maybe wanna be a Vampire as well. But that not important right now. Only for PVE, solo, dungeon run- PUG, open world.

I looking for high dmg dealer and not squishy to be in fights.

With are class are better? To get access Necromancer class i need buy it. I can do that in next 24h, but i don't know if that will be worth spend crown coins on it.

So with one you guys will suggest class to play? For PVE. Magic necro or magic/stamina nightblade?
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: why not stamina necromancer? Not that I'm suggesting it, just curious since you're ok with Stam or mag for nightblade.

They're all good choices though, can't say which you'd like best. I can say that of all my character I consider my Stamblade to sort of be my main. I mean I don't really have a main, not in the traditional sense, and honestly I'm probably on my Stam warden the most, she's kind of my worker bee. But, if ZOS were to announce that for their next attempt at fixing performance they were going to be disabling all alt characters and we had to flag the one we wanted to keep, I'd flag my Stamblade without even giving it a thought. He's just fun. Some days he slithers around like a shadow in his most inconspicuous stealth ensemble, other days he comes dressed to kill and ninjas up anything that crosses his path. He's very squishy though, but he makes up for it with grit. Necromancer is pretty not squishy.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play whats fun! there is no "best"...yes I to chased that thought for quite awhile but if you dont like the class/toon, best isnt going to matter.
    Saying that, I find Necros STILL clunky due to many issues and NB while to some arent top dog actually are pretty dang tough...and fun.
    Its a choice only you can make....
  • BloodyCatz
    BloodyCatz
    Soul Shriven

Question: why not stamina necromancer? Not that I'm suggesting it, just curious since you're ok with Stam or mag for nightblade.

Well because i kinda feel that Necro should be more magic user than stamina. (Maybe because more role play effect me?)

That why big NO for me stamina necro.
  • BloodyCatz
    BloodyCatz
    Soul Shriven
    I wanna play Necro, well at least try, but i don't know if Magic Necro can be high effective in PVE.

Many will say just try it, but like i said before, i need buy it. Don't wanna waste Crown coins, if later Necro will be not so effective.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodyCatz wrote: »
    I wanna play Necro, well at least try, but i don't know if Magic Necro can be high effective in PVE.

Many will say just try it, but like i said before, i need buy it. Don't wanna waste Crown coins, if later Necro will be not so effective.

no one can guarantee that for you. you might gt it, try it and hate it...then what. So yea, your call mate.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    BloodyCatz wrote: »

Well because i kinda feel that Necro should be more magic user than stamina. (Maybe because more role play effect me?)

That why big NO for me stamina necro.

Yeah I can relate, I eventually broke down and made a Stam necro though. I got around the immersion by giving her a voodoo warrior theme, with a little bit of a Michone from the walking dead vibe being that she's a dark-skinned redguard chick with the soul shriven great katana 2 handed sword. The Michone bit was inspired by the first scene you see her in where she's got the two walkers in chains as pets, I thought that was worthy of a necro reference.

She's my current leveling character, so not all the way up there yet, but so far she's pretty badass. Mag necro is fun too.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    All plays similar in pve group content. Just decide by the color of the skillsyou like most and if range (mostly magicka) or melee(mostly stamina)

The time where u reach top tier dps (85k+parses) and hunting for the archivments, u can reroll to the flavour of the quarter class.
    Edited by Mortiis13 on July 31, 2020 5:25PM