The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting writ boards and quartermasters

CoronHR
CoronHR
✭✭✭✭✭
This has been mentioned before numerous times.

It would be great to have more of these, one for every major city in the smaller zones (Senchal, Anvil, Brass Fortress, Lilmoth, etc), even some in smaller towns of larger zones (Northpoint, Cormount, Dune, etc), the major gates of Cyrodiil, and IC sewers.

That way, players can sort of 'reside' in these zones if they like, would spread people out a bit and you could actually exist in S. Elsweyr, for example, and do your writs there. Crafting writs are super important to a lot of players, and players don't spend much time in zones without writ boards and quartermasters after they've done most of the quests.

I know some have mentioned an issue with lore for some of these zones, but it could always be written in, for example, secret night-time shipments to the war fight, or a small quest needed to unlock the service.

(Note: thanks for adding the jewellery crafting station to the Hollow City)
PC - EU - Steam client
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would depend on how they set them up, a lot of players go to Vivec or Alinor based on how time efficient it is to do writs there as opposed to other locations, which make you go into multiple shops/loading screens or are just poorly laid out.

Most people won't use a location to do writs if it is poorly laid out especially if they have a lot of characters, plenty will still tuff it out if they like the location or only have a few characters so its not as much of a first world problem for them.

Personally I would rather they sell the writ boards and turn in points on the master writ vendors or at a reasonable price on the crown store, so that we could put them in our houses.

Would love to just set the writ boards up in a line with the crafting stations with it ending at the turn in point, minimal possible running around and just get it over with as soon as possible on each character each day.

At the very least I hope they will release a nice well laid out craft area in a future Chapter/DLC similar to Alinor or Vivec but laid out in a way that is quicker and easier than those locations, the moment they do that all my alts will move from Alinor to that location.

Western Skyrim was not such a place, while I may have been great for immersion and a bit of nostalgia for Skyrim, its layout for doing writs is a pain to use.

That's just my 2 cents on it, this issue has been raised before and will be raised again, its not the top priority for the game developers but it would be a nice quality of life thing for some players at least myself included.
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they want to file more people into their main cities to make them feel more vibrant with activity.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making the game easier to Mass Produce does not make for a better game.

Yes, to more Writs locales, even if they are not optimally set up. Although none should be as bad as Wayrest for running around (Stonefalls is in second place). Give players more places to hang their hat as it were.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BRCOURTN wrote: »
    I think they want to file more people into their main cities to make them feel more vibrant with activity.

Great. More pets at writ dropoff. Wonderful idea.

If I wanted a vibrant feeling, I wouldn't be doing crafting writs.