The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

DK Leap Desync

woosinator2008
I get desynced only when I dk leap in cyrodiil in a crowded area full of players (20+). I'll be able to move around anywhere but can't use abilities, dodge roll or attack and after a min, I'll warp to where my leap landed. Only seems to happen to me with the dk leap ulti, idk what's going on but didn't have the issue before greymoor. My latency is at it's usual 120-150 ms.
I'd like to add, I can clearly see all the players moving around, using abilities, etc and they aren't rubberbanding or anything, it's almost like I'm a ghost who can follow them around without being seen or hurt until I warp back to where the server thinks I am
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Lol ever since they added that delay to leap a couple of patches ago, they completely broke it in any sort of lag. One time I leaped in a 1v1 prime time and got stuck with the wings on my side and couldn't use any sort of ability until the other guy killed me. Ever since that little genius change of theirs to leap, I parked my dk and hopped on me warden.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the gapcloser abilities have this, except streak as far as I can tell.
    Shield charge skill also does this.
    And for another note, you can force other players to gapcloser with dk chain to share your pain with leap. The outcome of 2 skills are the same, gapclosed person stucks in lag void where they can neither break free nor use any abilities.
    Using dk chain on prime time should be considered exploit at this point:D
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same happens to me daily. Leap then cant use skills for a few secs. Its freaking annoying me so much I may shelf my dk.
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    finehair wrote: »
    Most of the gapcloser abilities have this, except streak as far as I can tell.
    Shield charge skill also does this.
    And for another note, you can force other players to gapcloser with dk chain to share your pain with leap. The outcome of 2 skills are the same, gapclosed person stucks in lag void where they can neither break free nor use any abilities.
    Using dk chain on prime time should be considered exploit at this point:D

that is because streak does not have a target associated with the skill, which the rest of the gap closers have positioning checks on yourself and the target. There is a massive positioning syncronizing problem, where the server is lagging behind where your client interprets where you are, which induces rubber banding. And with the skills not firing, cannot roll dodge. your client got too far ahead, and is pretty much in limbo until the server catches up. example: rubber banding back, then your skills work, sort of.

Kind of like when counterstrike had the hitbox issue, your hitbox wasnt where your model was showing.
    Edited by bigdavid11b16_ESO on July 30, 2020 12:46AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just slot dawnbreaker -- less trouble. Also it's not just leap, there are other skills that do it. They simply go off my bar and stay off ;)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the old leap.

When you'd leap someone outside of Dragonclaw, enter a load screen, then reemerge by Brindle, dead.

Ah, the good old days.

I legit do miss leaping into keeps though. That was so fun. Broken, yes, but also fun.

I don't find it desyncs me, but it adds an annoying snare when in mist or when using snow treaders.
    Usually when they're pretty far away.Hopee this gets fixed soon.