Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New cool down system and a suggestion for players.

Strykerous
Strykerous
✭✭✭
I am hearing that there is the idea of a global cool down where you gotta wait 3 seconds before you can use it again. First off, Very bad idea because it would make doing dungeons and trials harder and won't be able to weave our rotations as well. Second, it's not going to fix the issue of cyrodil having lag problems, it will just cover it up. The lag problems have to do with people's internet connection. the fact that they play other games while downloading ESO or updating it therefore, causing a lot of lags and glitches. I wait for my game to download and update, let it do nothing else, and I experience no lags or gitches at all. For those who still have a problem with it,.I highly suggest using eero system. It is a system that you plug in beacons, wait 24 hrs to let the signal get strength to spread through the entire house. Then your lag and glitch problems disappear. Just a suggestion.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A global cooldown is definitely not set in stone, @Strykerous. I don't know who told you it is a done deal.

There will be testing on it (along with testing a number of alternatives) in PvP at the end of August.

But I wouldn't get too caught up in speculation at this point ... especially since we have another month before testing and then time for ZOS to make a decision on AoEs.
  • crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the your outstanding tech support. Seriously though, I have Comcast direct wired to router. I can assure you, the lag isn't client side. Nor is it just in Cyro anymore. Somedays I can just be standing in craglorn and get load screens. If you want an ideal of what's causing the lag in cyro. Stand in stealth and meter a ball group as it passes by. If you know how to monitor fps and ping you will see your frame rate drop and ping go up.
    The real problem, I suspect, is ZOS needs to either split servers or greatly expand the capacity of the mega. I also think they will try to band aid that to death before spending the money.