The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Draurgkin Mechanics

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Yeah, i know i am late to the party here. But i only just got to play around with this glorious set now. After some testing i found out how it seems to work, but would like to hear if others have found anything else.

What i have found is that the 600-ish damage is a flat constant number added AFTER all damage done calculations but BEFORE critical damage calculations and battlespirit reduction. What this means is:

- It ignores all resistances
- it ignores all percentage mitigiation (protection)
- it ignores all percentage increases (like Malacath and Berserk)
- It CAN deal critical damage.
- It IS affected by battlespirit (as it obv should)

In the end, this means the set is most optimally used without Malacath, because that will not affect the damage while critting will.

It also means it is effective especially against bulky targets.

I have specifically tested with Malacath and Penetration on dummies. So i know these for sure. I am however not able to specifically test if it does actually ignore Major Protection for example, but i am concluding this analog due to the other calculations.

Anyone have further findings or input to share on this set?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Yeah, i know i am late to the party here. But i only just got to play around with this glorious set now. After some testing i found out how it seems to work, but would like to hear if others have found anything else.

What i have found is that the 600-ish damage is a flat constant number added AFTER all damage done calculations but BEFORE critical damage calculations and battlespirit reduction. What this means is:

- It ignores all resistances
    - it ignores all percentage mitigiation (protection)
    - it ignores all percentage increases (like Malacath and Berserk)
    - It CAN deal critical damage.
    - It IS affected by battlespirit (as it obv should)

In the end, this means the set is most optimally used without Malacath, because that will not affect the damage while critting will.

It also means it is effective especially against bulky targets.

I have specifically tested with Malacath and Penetration on dummies. So i know these for sure. I am however not able to specifically test if it does actually ignore Major Protection for example, but i am concluding this analog due to the other calculations.

Anyone have further findings or input to share on this set?

I use this set on my magicka necro.

Necro do not have a good class spammable so its somehow fouced to use force shock. However force shock works really well with this set becouse its 3 different attacks so it can get buff 3 times. I use charged traits and poison for the following dots, if I am lucky enough I can put 5-6 dot on the target with single force shock. (which is not very rare to achieve)

The second set is Mechanical acuity, the set provide very reliable burst with Draugkin, the only downside is the cd is bit long. you may need the cooldown addon to help you control the proctiming.I think other classes can also use this combination, I personally prefer necro because that 15% dot damage passive.

and Yes, I agree with you the set is better not pair with Malacath because this is one of few proc set that can can make use of crit.(unless you are running some crazy stamina sorcerer Flurry build)
    Edited by Rakdos on July 28, 2020 8:16AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i also use it with charged destro ;)

Can anyone confirm if it does indeed ignore minor/major protection as i suspect it does? Maybe even Mist Form?
    PC - EU
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about ignoring major/minor protection, but it does affect all damage done by 600, regardless of normal armor resistances. This includes damage sources as small as chilled. I personally used draugrkin as a replacement for mother's sorrow for a little while as it was a comparable set to use against single target. Now I only use it in PvP on my Magplar. I usually have dragurkin lightning staff on the front bar. I start off combat with a Master's Staff destructive touch, bar swap to draugrkin, charge/stun, then spam sweeps for a few seconds. That will often kill the non-tank players in battlegrounds.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it on my magdk with burning spell weave.

What poisons are you guys using ?
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I use it on my magdk with burning spell weave.

What poisons are you guys using ?

Double Dot ofc :) about 10 ticks total over 6 seconds.
    PC - EU
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange , Dragon's Appetite Set and "Stone Giant" skill work the same way? Always thought it amplifies the original source of damage. For example if I have a dot of fire damage, Draurgkin will increase each fire damage tick by 617, before mitigation/resistances tec...
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange , Dragon's Appetite Set and "Stone Giant" skill work the same way? Always thought it amplifies the original source of damage. For example if I have a dot of fire damage, Draurgkin will increase each fire damage tick by 617, before mitigation/resistances tec...

Yeah, it is strange. But your statement is correct except that it is added AFTER mitigation/resistance and likewise any percentage buffs or penetration. So it is very effective against targets with high resistance and on builds with low pen and few percentage buffs.
    PC - EU
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you guys feel this set would be a strong enabler for a dot focused ranged mabglade build running malacath?
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Do you guys feel this set would be a strong enabler for a dot focused ranged mabglade build running malacath?

As mentioned in this post, the set does not benefit from malacath, but it is benefits from crits and crit damage. So magicka NB sounds like a perfect candidate.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As mentioned in this post, the set does not benefit from malacath, but it is benefits from crits and crit damage. So magicka NB sounds like a perfect candidate.

In no cp, with overall Lower crit values and chance with a build that is stacked at the lower end via mutliple dots perhaps malacath would still be a decent choice?. Partially because the build in mind would not be running 2 damage sets, but draugerkin only and then a sustain or defensive set, so the raw damage values would be on the lower end. Just a thought.
    Edited by exeeter702 on July 29, 2020 7:52PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, I'm assuming poisons on weapon are a must, since you dont want to spend too many GCDs on dot application since by that time the buff is half expired, unless you avoid proccing it by casting the dots back to back without weaving which would go against merc resolve.
    Edited by exeeter702 on July 29, 2020 7:57PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've used Draugrkin/Mechanical Acuity/rapid strikes on both stam sorc and stam cro in pvp, it works, but not materially better than any other build. In short the pay off wasn't worth the hassle and lost healing. Stacking weapon damage and spamming dizzy was more effective (but boring), and made me a lot tankier. The combo wastes 2-4 piece bonuses, and the 5 piece bonuses only increase damage, not damage AND healing.

In chaotic pvp where you need to switch targets or they can easily get out of melee range, the setup is useless.

If I read the upcoming changes the MA right, I think the combo might be dead next patch anyway. It is MA that makes it strong.

You have to use rapid strikes, I don't think it would work for any mag build in pvp. Best case is a necro with siphon ticking every half second, but that doesn't hit anyone long enough to benefit from Draugrkin. In pve, the set is single target, so Mother's Sorrow is miles ahead except on target dummies.

FYI the only mythic I would use with it is Wild Hunt. You have to stay on top of the cursed target spamming rapid strikes to get any benefit.
    Edited by katorga on July 29, 2020 11:25PM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I'm assuming poisons on weapon are a must, since you dont want to spend too many GCDs on dot application since by that time the buff is half expired, unless you avoid proccing it by casting the dots back to back without weaving which would go against merc resolve.

The trick players here are saying is to combine Draurgkin with Mechanical Acuity + charged staff + force pulse+ double poison. You basically put all your dots on the target, fire force pulse to activate both sets at the same time, and keep spamming it until target is dead or the duration is over.
    Running Maelstrom resto back bar+Engine Guardian for sustain(or something like that).

Didn't try but sounds like a solid cancer.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure charged trait doesn't affect poisons but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I'm sure charged trait doesn't affect poisons but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong

It doesn't increase the poison's proc chance but it does increase the poison dot chance to proc the poisoned status effect.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it proc on pet damage? Say each tick of maws breath for example?
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Draurgkin ? It procs on direct attack. Sets does not supposed to proc other sets so I guess maws breath is not supposed to proc it regardless. Shade attacks will probably proc it.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In no cp, with overall Lower crit values and chance with a build that is stacked at the lower end via mutliple dots perhaps malacath would still be a decent choice?. Partially because the build in mind would not be running 2 damage sets, but draugerkin only and then a sustain or defensive set, so the raw damage values would be on the lower end. Just a thought.

On my Magblade i have been running it with Malacath. Though not optimally efficient with Draugrkin, it was still decent, since Malacath damage is just so big, especially in NO CP, where you are looking at 10-20 base Crit Chance.

Yes, it adds to ANY damage. Including Pet. It will also work on Proc Sets. So the damage is also added on Maws, MSA 2H or similar.

The thing with Proc Sets not proccing others, is for Proc Chances. Not applicable here.
    PC - EU
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an op af set if used at least decent. Will only be nerfed once it becomes popular enough
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube