The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Effective is Stealth in ESO?

ZomZom
ZomZom
✭✭✭
In Skyrim I loved completing the Summerset Shadows quest in Uttering Hills cave by using Invisibility. Did it with zero kills. I'm thinking about getting back into ESO after a long absence (6 years) and am wondering if stealth is as good as it is in Skyrim. Specifically, I'm thinking of an Argonian Nightblade. Is it possible to delve into some dungeons and complete them stealthily?

My character back at release was an Altmer Sorcerer and I'm hoping to switch it up.

TIA
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can. That's basically how I play my nightblade when doing overland or soloing group dungeons. Sneak my way through and just kill the boss.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use Nightblade's invisibility to bypass essentially all NPC enemies, except the "lantern guards" who have a permanent stealth detection AoE active.

For non-Nighblade classes, there are "sneaky builds" which stack reductions to the detection radius - with such a setup you can sneak past most enemies without no problem, while moving at full running speed.
    Some enemies are impossible to crouch-stealth past due to their placement, for example when they are guarding a narrow doorway. For that you can use invisibility potions, which grant an invisibility effect essentially identical to that of the Nightblade.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated you can though every delve has a boss worth killing. To stealth dungeons, it is best if all can stealth.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can perma stealth on stam blade and Argonian tough as nails. I have two speed and stealth are amazing in this game
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZomZom wrote: »
    In Skyrim I loved completing the Summerset Shadows quest in Uttering Hills cave by using Invisibility. Did it with zero kills. I'm thinking about getting back into ESO after a long absence (6 years) and am wondering if stealth is as good as it is in Skyrim. Specifically, I'm thinking of an Argonian Nightblade. Is it possible to delve into some dungeons and complete them stealthily?

My character back at release was an Altmer Sorcerer and I'm hoping to switch it up.

TIA

Yeah, you can do this, either by going a Nighblade or any class with Vampirism. Better, yet, combine Nightblade with Vampirism and youre sorted for some hot sexy stealth action. You can skip all adds in a delv/dungeon through stealth, and just defeat the bosses, should you wish to.

Also head to Hews Bane for hot stealthy thieves guild action. And Gold Coast for hot stealthy dark brotherhood action. Both of these have stories/quests/dailies that can involve extensive use of stealth.
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    What you're describing is extremely difficult (not impossible) for non-nightblades, but nightblades have a pretty easy time with it.
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the helpful responses. In an MMO there are other players zipping about and mobs respawn quickly so those interrupt my mental zone when trying to be stealthy. Anyone else find that to be the case and how do you deal with it?
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth in ESO is really not like Skyrim. The stealth attacks are kind of unreliable.
    Perma stealth running is difficult to achieve and takes time and Gold to set up.

However...

I play StamBlade Breton for RolePlay and it's AWESOME...

To maximize, I recommend using Darloc Brae with Swift traits on jewelry, Steed Mundus (with 7 divines) and maybe Jailbreaker or Night Mother's embrace. All on a vamire Khajiit. You can sneak faster than most people sprint on their mounts. 200% Movement Speed...

It's soooooo rewarding.....

Now You See Me.....whooosh....
    read, think and write.In that order.