The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Proposed U27 - Abilities Affected

Kungfu
Kungfu
✭✭✭✭
Let's not complain here. Instead, let's give Rich Lambert & PVP Devs a list of abilities that would be unusable with a global (or individual) 3 second CD ****AND**** suggestions for changes that could make them work.

For example, I am an experience Magplar in Cyro. Some thoughts I have:
  1. Obvious is Templar Jabs. I would be fine if Jabs became a single-target... perhaps with a debuff to make up for the loss in aoe pressure? Or potentially provide a better ranged attack. Like increasing range on javelin again or significantly decreasing the cast time on Dark Flare. I still think Jabs would be fine in PVP as a single target.
  2. Whirlwind & morphs - To be fair, I think this might actually need to do MORE damage than it does now if it can only be cast once every 3 seconds. It does tons of damage now but quite often takes 2 or 3 of them to *actually* execute someone with resists >25k.

One question I have to ask: 2H weapon passive for splash damage - does this make all 2H abilities technically AOE?

What else can you suggest that the devs look at? I'm sure mine are obvious. But I would love to help and getting lists together for THEM to pay close attention to only serves to help us in the long run.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK Inhale , talons, Eruption, The ults? Im not sure if ults are on the timer or not. i would assume not.

NB Sap
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleave
    Arrow Spray
    Volley
    Wall of Elements
    Impulse
    Streak
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cleave
    Arrow Spray
    Volley
    Wall of Elements
    Impulse
    Streak

Death to streak? HAHAH YES PLEASE!
    But only because I can't sorc. I suck at sorc and am thoroughly jealous of those who do well with it.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY i can kill those cowards trying to streak away!
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spin to win
    Impulse
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on July 27, 2020 5:22PM
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to be a LONG list, hence the problem with the proposed 3 second cooldown for any and all AOE abilities.

Groups running around spamming Noxious Breath or Cleve aren't lagging out and desyncing the server, which is why this ham-fisted approach is so...(I'm at a loss for words).
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotus Fan
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on July 27, 2020 5:57PM
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    (rubbing My hands in cloak with just single target abilities) cant say i am sad for all the zerglings spamming caltrops/whirwind/jabs and breath of life like there's no tomorrow!
    And the infinite rapid regen spam
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on July 27, 2020 8:15PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade:
    - Lotus Fan
    - Path of Darkness
    - Aspect of Terror
    - Consuming Darkness (ult, but you can not cast other AOE for 3 seconds).
    - Soul Shred (same as above, GG NB bombers).
    - Sap Essence

Werewolf:
    - Brutal Pounce
    - Roar
    - Infectious Claws
    (3/5 WW toolkit lol)

Weapon (Bow):
    - Volley
    - Arrow Spray

Weapon (2H):
    - Stampede
    - Brawler

Alliance War (Assault)
    - Echoing Vigor
    - Caltrops
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 27, 2020 8:24PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turn Evil and the Nightblade fear. No need to recast them within 3 seconds, obviously, but a global cooldown on AoEs would include them along with damage.

Similarly, most Restoration Staff skills.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Announcement Thread:
    Credit @Temeraire507
    So based on the PTS Patch Notes v6.1.2 and these lines stated there:

These tests will ultimately make it more difficult for AOE abilities to be the only abilities used, and we’ll be adjusting cooldown, cost and regen values of all AOEs (damage and healing).

Abilities which meet the following criteria have been flagged for being subject to this test:
    The ability’s initial cast requires a radius to function. This includes abilities like Breath of Life that require a radius check to fire its heal at the appropriate target.
    If an ability is a single target ability that has an area component and has no cast time.

I have made a little list of abilities targeted by the tests and planned changes based on that information, of course we will only know for sure when the tests are held but the notes were relatively clear in their wording. I thought this could still add something to the ongoing discussions. This took a little time so my apologies if someone else was faster and this is not necessary anymore.

Class
    Dragonknight
    Ardent Flame

Dragonknight Standard and Morph
    Fiery Breath and Morphs
    Inferno and Morphs

Draconic Power

Dragon Leap and Morphs
    Volatile Armor Morph
    Dark Talons and Morphs
    Inhale and Morphs

Earthen Heart

Magma Arnor and Morphs
    Stonefist and Morphs
    Molten Weapons and Morphs
    Obsidian Shield and Morphs
    Ash Cloud and Morphs
    Necromancer
    Bone Tyrant

Pummeling Goliath Morph and Ravenous Goliath Morph
    Death Scythe and Morphs
    Bitter Harvest and Morphs
    Bone Totem and Morphs
    Grave Grasp and Morphs

Grave Lord

Frozen Colossus and Morphs
    Riccochet Skull Morph
    Blastbones and Morphs
    Boneyard and Morphs
    Skeletal Mage and Morphs - requires a scan if you don't direct the target to attack but is a pet so I'm not sure
    Shocking Syphon and Morphs

Living Death

Reanimate and Morphs
    Render Flesh and Morphs
    Life amid Death and Morphs
    Spirit Mender and Morphs - requires a scan for sure but is a pet so I'm not sure
    Restoring Tether and Morphs
    Nightblade
    Assassination

Lotus Fan Morph

Shadow

Consuming Darkness and Morphs
    Path of Darkness and Morphs
    Aspect of Terror and Morphs
    Summon Shade and Morphs - requires a scan if you don't direct the target to attack but is a pet so I'm not sure

Siphoning

Soul Shred and Morphs
    Strife and Funnel Health Morph
    Malevolent Offering and Morphs
    Drain Power and Morphs
    Sorcerer
    Daedric Summoning

Summon Storm Atronach and Morphs
    Summon Unstable Familiar and Morphs - maybe, it is a semi-permanent Pet but obviously requires scan and the Ability (save for Clannfear) is definitely an AoE effect not sure if this counts but it might count if they really go all out on these criteria
    Daedric Curse and Morphs
    Summon Winged Twilight and Morphs - maybe, same as Summon Unstable Familiar safe for its activateable Ability

Dark Magic

Negate Magic and Morphs
    Encase and Morphs
    Daedric Mines and Morphs

Storm Calling

Overload and Morphs
    Mages Fury and Morphs
    Lightning Form and Morphs
    Lightning Splash and Morphs
    Power Surge Morph
    Bolt Escape and Morphs - Ball of Lightning is debateable, the ball it places might count as secondary area component though
    Templar
    Aedric Spear

Radial Sweep and Morphs
    Puncturing Strikes and Morphs
    Explosive Charge Morph
    Spear Shards and Morphs
    Sun Shield and Morphs

Dawn's Wrath

Nova and Morphs
    Reflective Light Morph
    Solar Barrage Morph
    Purifying Light Morph
    Unstable Core Morph

Restoring Light

Rite of Passage and Morphs
    Rushed Ceremony and Morphs
    Healing Ritual and Morphs
    Restoring Aura and Morphs
    Cleansing Ritual and Morphs
    Rune Focus and Morphs
    Warden
    Animal Companions

Feral Guardian and Morphs - maybe, this is a semi-permanent pet but it probably needs to scan an area for its targeting if you don't command it
    Scorch and Morphs
    Growing Swarm Morph

Green Balance

Secluded Grove and Morphs
    Fungal Growth and Morphs
    Healing Seed and Morphs
    Living Vines and Morphs
    Lotus Flower and Morphs

Winter's Embrace

Sleet Storm and Morphs
    Frost Cloak and Morphs
    Impaling Shards and Morphs
    Arctic Wind and Morphs
    Frozen Gate and Morphs
    Weapon
    Two Handed
    Stampede Morph
    Cleave and Morphs
    Reverse Slice Morph
    One Hand and Shield
    Deep Slash Morph
    Dual Wield
    Lacerate and Morphs
    Whirlwind and Morphs
    Blade Cloak
    Shrouded Daggers Morph
    Bow
    Volley and Morphs
    Arrow Spray and Morphs
    Destruction Staff
    Elemental Storm and Morphs
    Force pulse Morph
    Wall of Elements and Morphs
    Shock Clench Morph
    Impulse and Morphs
    Restoration Staff
    Panacea and Morphs
    Grand Healing and Morphs
    Regeneration and Morphs
    Blessing of Protection and Morphs
    Steadfast Ward and Morphs
    World
    Soul Magic
    Shatter Soul Morph
    Soul Splitting Trap Morph
    Werewolf
    Pack Leader Morph and Werwolf Berserker Morph - maybe, since the Direwolfs require area scan and the berserker heavy attacks are technically an area component
    Brutal Pounce Morph
    Roar and Morphs
    Infectious Claws and Morphs
    Vampire
    Swarming Scion Morph
    Mesmerize and Morphs
    Blood Mist Morph
    Guild
    Fighters Guild
    Dawnbreaker and Morphs
    Silver Shards Morph
    Circle of Protection and Morphs
    Expert Hunter and Morphs
    Trap beast and Morphs
    Mages Guild
    Meteor and Morphs
    Magelight and Morphs
    Fire Rune and Morphs
    Psijic Order
    Time Stop and Morphs
    Undaunted
    Blood Altar and Morphs
    Trapping Webs and Morphs
    Necrotic Orb and Morphs
    Alliance War
    Assault
    War Horn and Morphs
    Vigor and Echoing Vigor Morph
    Rapid Maneuver and Morphs
    Caltrops and Morphs
    Magicka Detonation and Morphs
    Support
    Barrier and Morphs
    Siege Shield and Morphs
    Purge and Morphs
    Revealing Flare
    Volendrung - probably also a target as it would be odd if it bypassed the rules for AoE's
    Ruinous Cyclone
    Rourken's Rebuke
    Pariah's Resolve

Edited by ealdwin on July 28, 2020 3:05PM
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ealdwin I also compiled a list, but only have class skills skills on it, would you mind if I used your list for the weapon and guild skills? I'm going to try to get a whole graphic worked up to help people that want to test during the Cyrodiil event.

Here's what I've got so far.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iatvMmeYa1Q174xBPE3apkJqRGCa65Wq8zE_7YrlDpE/edit?usp=sharing
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Athyrium93

Hats off to you for what you have so far, the graphic will certainly be helpful going forward into the Cyrodiil testing.

The list isn't mine, credit goes to @Temeraire507 for compiling it, though as everything on it is public knowledge, I don't see any problems with you using it.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome y'all!

Thank you for adding so much to this list. Hopefully your work will help ZOS make our game better :)
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ealdwin
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to this list, I will commit to testing every individual ability above for Magplar and Magblade and will put together some posts with as objective an opinion I can on my findings.

I'm pretty sure I've got one person here who will commit to testing the MagDK abiilities.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One interesting observation from the bit of testing I managed to get in on the pts today, is that it appears that skills are currently set up for the second week of testing, where each ability has its own individual cooldown. What is interesting is that different skills have different length cooldown timers. For example, on the Templar I set up today:

Puncturing Sweeps: 3 second cooldown
    Honor the Dead: 1 second cooldown
    Extended Ritual: 5 second cooldown
    Channeled Focus: 3 second cooldown

Inner Light: 5 second cooldown

(Interestingly with Inner Light, the duration of the ability is 5 seconds, meaning that the cooldown essentially prohibited any premature casts)
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    My List featured all abilities fitting the definition ZOS provided, however ZOS excluded a few abilities in some of the tests without telling us. While this of course could be unintended and/or could very well change before the live tests, this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/539584/i-tested-many-abilities-on-the-pts-to-see-what-they-restricted-here-are-my-results/p1
    by @Woosters compiled most of the data from the PTS Tests on whether or not abilities were affected. Some of these abilities seem to have been affected differently in different tests though, since I have seen different results on whether or not they were. Also some of the abilities not affected seem a bit questionable and could well be oversights or bugs (for instance Strife not being afected when Funnel Health is).
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ealdwin @Temeraire507 @Woosters

I've got a Google Spreadsheet going that compiles all of your testing as well as my own (and flags skills that don't seem to follow the rules properly) if you guys or anyone else wants to jump in and edit it with any updates/new results from testing or share it with friends/guilds/whoever feel free.

I'm going to try to keep it updated as more info comes out, but it's set as a public document so feel free to add/change/whatever.

Here's the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oLi-c3U3eWbjwUH26_8Uq0Hyb8cFJf-_vhJ7q6T0oL8/edit?usp=sharing
  • Zahirr
    Zahirr
    ✭✭✭
    Rolling on the floor at stonefist. Its the single worst skill in the game, completely unused.... and its getting yet another nerf.

Honestly, itll all be worth it for a templar nerf though. Lets be honest, jabs was overperforming, and being able to purge 5 debuffs makes you almost immune to dot builds
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mages Fury is a bad execute in PvE as it is. If you cannot spam it during end of boss fights, it becomes even worse. Yet another skill where the cooldown could make sense in PvP but not PvE. Although sometimes it is vice-versa. There are times in PvE where the nature of your rotation makes a 3-second cooldown no big deal. But in the more reactive play of PvP, it could be a huge problem to be locked out of certain skills for 3 seconds.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hold on...
    AM I on the forums?

Am I really looking at a constructive post where people are helping?
    YOU ALL rock :)

Unfortuntely, I'm only just now getting PTS installed. But I will get on your doc tonight @Athyrium93 and help in every way I can.
  • ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭
    Malevolent Offering is an aoe because it heals one person *in front of you*? What backward-ass logic is that?