The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spectral Cloak - DW Proc

shadowofnarsil
shadowofnarsil
✭✭✭
According to the tooltip, a set of these weapons (dual wield) reduces damage taken and also buffs damage overall, in the latter case to upwards of 10%, ‘when ‘dealing damage with blade cloak.’. As an aside, and I don’t follow his builds exactly, Alcast lists Spectral Cloak as BiS on his top (DW) stamblade build (updated for Greymoor), essentially replacing the monster.

BUT, I know back on the PTS there were concerns about these only proc’ing on the same bar that blade cloak itself is slotted.. At any rate, can anyone confirm whether the proc holds across both bars, as long as blade cloak is firing?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, it is not 10% anymore.

There was much crying and gnashing of teeth by the usual suspects and then the set was nerfed down to 6%.

After that, I do seem to recall that one of the weeks included patch notes that allowed cross-bar proc'ing for all of the Arena weapons.
  • shadowofnarsil
    shadowofnarsil
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - thinking about it now, even a 6% dmg boost across both bars (as long as blade cloak is up) could be intriguing as well...and I have been a long time fan of blade cloak anyway...
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really more like a ~5% buff due to the multiplicative nature of damage done mods which I believe is just about what a monster set would ordinarily give you (though Selene's is probably still a little bit better).

I think it's definitely worth it if you want to use it though as having fun and liking your build is infinitely more important than pulling an extra 2k DPS.

It's also still awesome in PvP since Quick Cloak is such a fantastic skill.
  • shadowofnarsil
    shadowofnarsil
    ✭✭✭
    Got it - forgot to mention I do PvE only, but no matter.....sounds like it’s worth a look regardless.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run brp dw backbar sometimes instead of bow and I love it. Maelstrom still tends to give me better dps but I feel like dw backbar is so much more fluid without clunky endless hail.

The brp buff does carry over to the other bar.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only use Spectral Cloak in VBRP and even then don’t use it often. Been using the masters 2h instead