The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Give nightblade a Critical Surge type ability

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
I personally, would like to see blur (or another really useless skill) replaced/reworked to act like a stamsorcs critical surge. healing you when you deal critical damage. Next patch zos is really trying to make nightblades focus heavily on crit (thats my take atleast), and with all the new proc sets about to be going around, and the 10% damage reduction gone and replaced with a critical damage increase, I think this sort of ability could be what a BATTLEGROUND/NOCP stamina nightblade's toolkit needs.

It makes sense from a class identity perspective
Zos has just proven they're okay with reskinning abilities (the new stamsorc skill)
Brawler nightblades really lack on healing (especially with the healing nerfs)
More survivability that doesnt rely on a busted cloak or shade.
Who uses blur anyway (or replace another useless ability like Malevolent offering or path of darkness)

Edit: A potential Siphoning strikes buff instead could be it too.
Edited by erio on July 25, 2020 4:55PM

Give nightblade a Critical Surge type ability 51 votes

Yes, Rework/Replace a nightblade ability with a Critical Surge type ability.
29%
KayshaFeannagrlukeInaMoonlightSOLDIER_1stClassSshadowSscaleArantesovelhaRealJobashad3adpainerioLangestonnublife01JayKwellenFhritzMerciful17 15 votes
No, do not.
70%
ixieidkSahidomDedricusSaubonKartalinCP5VaohBrrrofskiAedarylKr3doKadoinblkjagTolinoVermintideWrathOfInnosPrax3desUnified_GamingcolossalvoidsxStaticx 36 votes
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirage is why there are nightblade tanks.

Twisting Path is why there are still magblade DDs.

• erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirage is why there are nightblade tanks.

Twisting Path is why there are still magblade DDs.

They could rework the other morphs then
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not.
    Homogenization is bad for the game. Wanting skills for some class to be added to another is homogenization.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not.
    Something like this? https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/siphoning-strikes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not.

Very good point.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, do not.
    I personally, would like to see shattering prison (or another really useless sorc skill) replaced/reworked to act like a nightblades shadowy disguise. Oh, wait, then all my toons would be identical....
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, do not.
    With Blur, I would rather see it given back the Expedition buff, so it can be used as a more defensive alternative to Race Against Time. It was very useful before that change.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tbey dont need that. They need strife and siphoning strikes slightly improved.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, do not.
    I personally would like to see nightblades get major brutality/sorcery from siphoning/leeching strikes and take it off power extraction/sap essence outside of that they need to increase the base duration of the shadow barrier by 2 seconds so 5-1-1 dark cloak nb and pretty much any nb not running at least 2 heavy can get the armor buff for the entire duration of dark cloak and it would slightly help all nb overall with 2 added seconds on the shortest armor buff in the game. Outside of general game performance issues the healing nerf and cast times I think nb will finally be back in a decent spot and be able to really take advantage of the new crit dmg with a solid stat build. I think IF they keep the current healing nerf of 60% in PvP dark cloak should also get minor vitality while active for brawlers to help with the poor healing on the class but I think if they just revert the 60% back to 50% it should be in an okay spot
    Edited by JinxxND on July 25, 2020 4:30PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    I personally would like to see nightblades get major brutality/sorcery from siphoning/leeching strikes and take it off power extraction/sap essence outside of that they need to increase the base duration of the shadow barrier by 2 seconds so 5-1-1 dark cloak nb and pretty much any nb not running at least 2 heavy can get the armor buff for the entire duration of dark cloak and it would slightly help all nb overall with 2 added seconds on the shortest armor buff in the game. Outside of general game performance issues the healing nerf and cast times I think nb will finally be back in a decent spot and be able to really take advantage of the new crit dmg with a solid stat build. I think IF they keep the current healing nerf of 60% in PvP dark cloak should also get minor vitality while active for brawlers to help with the poor healing on the class but I think if they just revert the 60% back to 50% it should be in an okay spot

I didnt say for it to have brutality/sorcery.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

haha that was funny
  • Th3Kumb4ya
    Th3Kumb4ya
    Soul Shriven
    No, do not.
    Stamblades don’t need any more buffs
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major britality somewhere useful please.
    Tired of seing ASSASINS with huge af two handed swords.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Th3Kumb4ya wrote: »
    Stamblades don’t need any more buffs

Have you ever been in a bg as one against decent players
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    Major britality somewhere useful please.
    Tired of seing ASSASINS with huge af two handed swords.

Rally would probably still be preferred due to the heal. It's the only burst heal available to most stamina. But I do agree, it would make sense if Nightblade had major brutality somewhere. Perhaps attach it to dark cloak.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Homogenization is bad for the game. Wanting skills for some class to be added to another is homogenization.

I think you are misrepresenting the OP's position. The OP never said that they "want[ed] skills for some classes to be added to another..." The OP clearly asked for a skill "...to act like a stamsorcs critical surge."

ESO has many skills in this game that have overlapping similarities without being exact copies.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im hoping for a siphoning buff, right now 600 health every second or two aint cutting it. Some clown said that as if anyone even uses it for the heal