The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Special Request

MourncallerTV
MourncallerTV
✭✭
Would it be possible to have a server set aside for live performance roleplay voice acting? It would need to have a population cap ofcourse. I've always wanted to see some rp action with voice in proximaty for elder scrolls online. This is the one thing missing in this game that I feel could be seperate from the regular pve pvp servers.
PC/NA
Favorite Quote - "Never accept the proposition that just because a solution satisfies a problem, that it must be the only solution." - Raymond E. Feist
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't you just achieve this via a Discord server and voice chat option there?
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This may not be realistic, but what I wouldn't give to roleplay a bard and force people to either put up with me or leave the area. Follow someone while I try to teach myself how to play the bagpipes! Pay me to go away! The immersion is endless.

Alas, that is what discord is for, or console. Having a proximity voice chat would be much nicer because it's completely different from joining a pre-planned discord thing. Feeling like you're just hearing people that are out and about... people's volume being adjusted based on how far away they are from you!
    But it wouldn't be like what we're imagining. People would take over each other, have different plans, be out of character, etc. The amount of teamwork necessary is simply too difficult to achieve. You can't force people to roleplay, and you can't force people to voice act well.... And you can't force me to know more than one song, which I will loop endlessly as I prance after you.
  • MourncallerTV
    MourncallerTV
    ✭✭
    Ithilis wrote: »
    Couldn't you just achieve this via a Discord server and voice chat option there?

No. Not really. It's not the same as voice in proximity. You could, but then it's alot more to micromanage.
    PC/NA
    Favorite Quote - "Never accept the proposition that just because a solution satisfies a problem, that it must be the only solution." - Raymond E. Feist
  • MourncallerTV
    MourncallerTV
    ✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    This may not be realistic, but what I wouldn't give to roleplay a bard and force people to either put up with me or leave the area. Follow someone while I try to teach myself how to play the bagpipes! Pay me to go away! The immersion is endless.

Alas, that is what discord is for, or console. Having a proximity voice chat would be much nicer because it's completely different from joining a pre-planned discord thing. Feeling like you're just hearing people that are out and about... people's volume being adjusted based on how far away they are from you!
    But it wouldn't be like what we're imagining. People would take over each other, have different plans, be out of character, etc. The amount of teamwork necessary is simply too difficult to achieve. You can't force people to roleplay, and you can't force people to voice act well.... And you can't force me to know more than one song, which I will loop endlessly as I prance after you.

No you can't force people to rp. Then again having a seperate server for voice in proximity for the sole purpose of rp, for the reasons I mentioned. That's the cool thing about having something different, because you would have people that actually do want to rp voice acting etc. I like the idea of having one whitelisted so that it can be managed to a point so that those that actuallly do want to rp etc can be weeded out from those that don't. I mean yeah we could use discord, but it's kinda hard to manage for open world. Not impossible but hard. Having push to talk voice in proximity on a different server for rp only would be ideal. It wouldn't need to be about doing any pve grinding or dungeons or what ever. It would just be about story created by players, with an open world pvp element. Thing is the server for something like this would need to be player managed.
    PC/NA