The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Send players Perfected arena weapons

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
Exactly what the title says. If a player has a Vet weapon already that is being upgraded they should be sent a perfected copy. Forcing players to regrind this content for perfected versions is nearly rage inducing. I'm sure plenty of people will be against this. Make no mistake about how much coin they're gonna to make off selling carries. We have all wasted so much time grinding that content, and to change the rewards now is clearly forcing players into old content.
Edited by ZarkingFrued on April 20, 2020 2:49PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That seams silly, Just update the current weapons to be perfected, and create new normal weapons and code them to drop in normal VMA.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around bashing. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would very much like to not have to refarm vMA. I’m happy they made the change to where noobies can get the gear, but I don’t like that it seems to be at the experienced players detriment. This is definitely not fair and makes me mildly upset.
    Argonian Master Race
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or at least send us transmute stones so I don’t feel like I wasted a ton on weapons I’ll never use anymore.
    Argonian Master Race
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    100%. I have an armory of golden maelstrom and Dragontstar arena weps. What's the point of making us redo old content, just because you want to make what we achieved accessible to everyone all of sudden? How about all the mats and gold I dropped Golding out my armory? Would it kill you to just respect your veteran players for once and not devalue or work?
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one is forcing you to re farm anything. The difference between perfected and non perfected weapons is a joke. Go on pts and test it yourself. If 200-300 dps is a game breaker for you then I guess gl farming.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did it once (send weapons via in game mail) when they changed them in the past.
    At some point ZOS changed 2 handed weapons to count as 2 pcs set. They also converted vMA & vDA weapons from enchantments to 2 pcs sets. So if you had a shield or dagger (1 handed part) they were mailing you the other part of the set, so you did not have to re-farm it.

If I recall, It happened somewhere around Clockwork City update.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 14, 2020 6:11AM
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So do master weapons drop in ndaa now? Can I pick up the few items I didn't have when I stopped grinding as its so hard to find a group? Is ndsa soloable or are there group mechanics?
    Edited by RodneyRegis on May 27, 2020 10:03PM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having perfected version drop in vet vma and non perfected drop in normal maelstrom, is a decent idea. Doing it NOW tho, is a terrible idea. So yes, just upgrade current versions to perfectred, and then make non perfected drop in normal.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    I am at the last stage/final boss for vMA. Will I get a perfected vMA weapon if I finish this stage?
    Or do I have to restart stage one vMA in order to qualify?
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RodneyRegis nDSA is soloable. Just don't go downstairs on the undead arena, that counts as a wipe even though it doesn't kill you.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    No one is forcing you to re farm anything. The difference between perfected and non perfected weapons is a joke. Go on pts and test it yourself. If 200-300 dps is a game breaker for you then I guess gl farming.

The fact that a bunch of casuals can run in on brain-dead normal difficulty and obtain a weapon that has such close stats to their veteran counterparts which players have busted their arse obtaining is a joke.
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taunky wrote: »
    Kurat wrote: »

The fact that a bunch of casuals can run in on brain-dead normal difficulty and obtain a weapon that has such close stats to their veteran counterparts which players have busted their arse obtaining is a joke.

I'm a casual and i think its great ,Got my lightning staff after third attempt , thanks zos best thing to come out of an update.
  • Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Lotus781, now grind vMA and when get the Vet version of the Lightning staff. Then destroy it so you can feel like the rest of us.
  • JDredd
    JDredd
    ✭✭
    I agree.... should have made a difference in stats. As i remember took me 10+ runs to get my first flame staff ...no way I am doing it again for little dps difference.
  • lrs8855b14_ESO
    lrs8855b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around bashing. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.

[snip] why aren't you engaging with the core idea? [snip] While the role of moderator is typically neutral, as a ZoS employee, your bias is tantamount to your duty to ensure customer complaints are processed.

[Edited to remove mild Bashing and Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 16, 2020 12:12PM
    StamDK StamBlade MagCro MagPlar MagSorc TankDen

• Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    Now that everyone farmed the new stuff again, lets do it, send the other players the perfected versions.