Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magblade

AppleJuiceBox2
AppleJuiceBox2
✭✭✭
What’s a good guide for a magblade play style and build after 50?

I have one now using CP was my first one post 50. I did a stupid respec and now can’t figure out my former build. However now I feel like I die instantly.

Just looking for advice to play better and survive PvE.
  • probo11
    probo11
    A few good sources for all your pve builds.
    O lulu: Video
    Alcast(his builds arent that good this patch but they are normally fine): Website
    Skinny Cheeks (I would use this video to build off on): video

And i would avoid all "build" videos that dont look close to these in terms of skills or gear. People might argue "How about solo build" or "I dont want to farm those sets". Which is fine but if you want to get into trials and (dlc) vet dungeons, you you will be asked to get those sets because they are simple out performing any other sets.

What i use myself (am unfortunate a magblade main):
    - (perfected) 5p false god body pieces. Perfected doesnt add that much dmg, but if you have the dmg and a group for it farm
    for it
    - 5p Mother's sorrow jewelry and front bar fire staff (perfected or infused) with a fire glyph
    - Maelstrom fire staff on back bar with berserker glyph (dont bother going for the perfected since non perfected is just as
    good as perfected)
    - Monster set depends on the content (im going to assume that you're not going to use thrassians)
    - ice heart is decent dmg and crit bonus and you get a permanent shield
    - Slimecraw if you dont have a healer
    - Zaan for fights where you can stand close to the boss
    - Grothdar for fights with a lot of adds (mostly used for thrash fights)
    - Maw of the infernal is currently bis

I would use this Skill setup if i were you. The reason why is because nightblade (and most classes) have passives that requires you to slot skills of a skill tree on a bar for it to work. I myself rarely use a shield and slot Dark shade instead of it.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB