The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Second Account for rezzing in Cyrodiil

maddiniiLuna
maddiniiLuna
✭✭✭✭
In the past few weeks after the self rezz exploit i've come across multiple people who use a second account (which i can not prove for obvious reasons) to rezz themselfs.

[snip]

I never cared to record it, because i have been told people are allowed to have multiple accounts.

However at this point i feel like it can be considered boosting / an unfair advantage, as "normal" people will not have the benefit of re-spawning on place. So the question is: Is it allowed to do this, yes or no? If not then how do we report them, as we can't compare their IP to figure out if it indeed is the same person or not.

[edited for possible exploit]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 23, 2020 5:12PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has specifically stated it is ok for players to use multiple accounts as long as they are the ones playing the game and not using anything to automate playing any of the accounts such as third party programs. They are not using the accounts to fight themselves for AP so it is not boosting.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos has specifically stated it is ok for players to use multiple accounts as long as they are the ones playing the game and not using anything to automate playing any of the accounts such as third party programs. They are not using the accounts to fight themselves for AP so it is not boosting.

I would not be certain that *this* application of a second account is something that ZOS would approve of. This seems to be skirting around the letter of the law, to me.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt anyone is doing this. Like how do you even get two accounts played by the same person to follow each other around in Cyrodil? It's not practical at all.

What is more likely is you are running across a player dedicated to remaining in stealth and supporting the group with resses and forward camps
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking the OP is that one guy who wears suspenders and a belt. ( super paranoid )

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I would not be certain that *this* application of a second account is something that ZOS would approve of. This seems to be skirting around the letter of the law, to me.

According to their words in the forums specific to using more than one account they were very clear. That as long as the player themselves are inputting the commands to control the characters it is acceptable. What is not acceptable is using other means to control the character such as third party applications or macros.

As long as the player is directly controlling the characters it is not skirting around anything. Find something specific, not general, where this violates the EULA or other Terms of Service rules. After all, we know players use multiple accounts in Cyrodill all the time.

Beyond that, the basis of the statement in the OP is assuming it is an alt account vs just another player. I often see players hiding in the shadows of a battle and they are not alt accounts sitting their waiting until the main account dies. Think about this for a moment, who is going to move characters from two accounts throughout Cyrodiil just so they can rez themselves. I doubt this is happening..
    Edited by idk on July 23, 2020 5:53PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Zeni would only allow one ESO.exe file run on each computer. It might even enhance the users experience.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a laptop AND a stationary computer. :p
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I wish Zeni would only allow one ESO.exe file run on each computer. It might even enhance the users experience.

Technically I think that is the case. Microsoft office permits us to create multiple desktops which essentially mimics different PCs. Even if that was not possible it would not stop using more than one PC as I have two sittings here right now.

More importantly, the situation suggests in the OP is based on an assumption that it is two accounts controlled by the same player. Being how awkward it would be to keep that second account nearby it seems unlikely to be what is suggested.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to their words in the forums specific to using more than one account they were very clear. That as long as the player themselves are inputting the commands to control the characters it is acceptable. What is not acceptable is using other means to control the character such as third party applications or macros.

As long as the player is directly controlling the characters it is not skirting around anything. If you feel differently please provide actual reasoning that is in agreement with what Zos has specifically stated on the matter.

Yes, it is will known that you can be logged into the game on more than one account at the same time. I don't think it has anything to do with who commands the accounts as much as what they are doing with the accounts. That is why I call it potentially skirting the rules. Ultimately, I guess I want ZOS to weigh in on it, but that is not likely to happen.

• maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Topic has been snipped by ZOS employees for "a possible exploit", which clearly means that it is not ok to do this. Otherwise there would have been no reason to Edit the Topic. This is all i need as answer.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Topic has been snipped by ZOS employees for "a possible exploit", which clearly means that it is not ok to do this. Otherwise there would have been no reason to Edit the Topic. This is all i need as answer.

Possibly, but we are sort of in an "exploit mania" phase right now. What is this, the third one in a week? If I were a moderator, I would be snipping, just to be sure.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as the player is directly controlling the characters it is not skirting around anything. If you feel differently please provide actual reasoning that is in agreement with what Zos has specifically stated on the matter.

Yes, it is will known that you can be logged into the game on more than one account at the same time. I don't think it has anything to do with who commands the accounts as much as what they are doing with the accounts. That is why I call it potentially skirting the rules. Ultimately, I guess I want ZOS to weigh in on it, but that is not likely to happen.

1. It has everything to do with who and how the commands to both accounts occur. I am not guessing at this as Zos has specifically stated this.
    2. The situation posed in the OP of this thread likely is not happening. No information Has been provided to suggest it is based on anything other than an assumption. As such OP can report them and let Zos figure it out. It is not wise for a company to begin replying to hypothetical situations.

And again, this is not acceptable if they are using third party means or macros to get another account to follow them around. I think it should be pretty clear it is not likely that someone is moving their main account near the battle, then moving their alt near the battle manually. It is so impractical and would be faster just to rez elsewhere and ride back.
    Edited by idk on July 23, 2020 7:40PM
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the editing, though, since nothing else was clipped. Also, why assume it's two accounts? Maybe they just have their friends with them?

I myself usually go into Cyro as a nightblade and often outwait attacks on my group just to sneak in and rez fallen comrades, never actually engaging in combat if I can help it. Rez, retreat, repeat. :p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I'm thinking the OP is that one guy who wears suspenders and a belt. ( super paranoid )

and, you know what frank (once upon a time in the west says about that...it's a matter of trust...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you suspected, complain about them in zone chat, I am sure SOMEONE will hear and wait in stealth at their corpse and kill second account ;)
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    If you suspected, complain about them in zone chat, I am sure SOMEONE will hear and wait in stealth at their corpse and kill second account ;)

I'd rather quit the game and delete my account, then complain about it in PvP Zone Chat. The PvP community here is the worst i have ever seen in any mmorpg. I ignore the chat for the most part and try to post only relevant information.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    The PvP community here is the worst i have ever seen in any mmorpg.

I haven't played any other mmorp games, but if some other game's pvp community is even worse overall, then it sure has to be quite horribad indeed. I'm still confident enough with my about 5 years experience to give ESO pvp community my vote for the worst pvp community nomination!