The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

advice needed: PVP survivavility and damage

charunks
charunks
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I was hoping for some tips that could help me further increase my performance in PVP.

I am struggling with ESO CP pvp a lot (CP930+ myself). I've been PVPing in BG's for the last 3.5 years off and on. In there I am an average player. Often I run solo, I know its not very teamminded, but I want to learn to pvp. I manage to kill people 1vs1, sometimes 1 vs 2 or 3. At other times I get downright outplayed, or I struggle to identify how to deal with a specific build. So read; In non cp battlegrounds I'm an average joe.

In the last year + Ive been playing a stamsorc. It's a high mobility build that avoids damage through speed, getting LOS, many dodgerolls. My equipment for the largest part of the time has been troll king, seventh legion, shield breaker (body). My toon has some 3.5K weapon dmg. and I feel at home in bg's with DW, due to the heal on the dw-spammable. When I dive in, I can often exchange favourably, and get out. Or I can drop a tactical dawnbreaker, spin2win, and get out to reset.

In BG's I get stunned many times, I break, dodgerol, and reassess the fight. I notice when my opponent is turtling; ideal for me to reapply buffs and heavyweave. When I get wrecked in a stun, its a perfectly perfectly timed burst combo (rare), or I was low, or I got outnumbered (too risky play, bad situational awareness).

In CP PVP however I feel like a complete noob, not even close to the average joe. I hardly ever survive stuns. Also, i am flustered by the amount of damage I take and the non-existing damage I do. Both with DW and 2h. Mind you that I run solo, and often run into another solo player (probably one on the skilled end of the spectrum, as he runs solo?). So how is it that I take 5k-6k uppercuts to the face, yet I myself uppercut for only 2-3K back. For the entire history of ESO (+6 years) this is what the CP-pvp experience to me has been; despite having high dmg build, or high tankyness build, I do hardly any damage while taking the full brunt of it.

I avoid cyrodiil and imp city because of this. Beautifull pvp area's.

How do I close the gap in terms of doing damage and taking damage? I know Im not yet good enough to anticipate my opponent, yet I have years of experience in pvp movement, dodgerolls,

thank you in advance for tips
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all, you're not high damage or tanky as far as CP goes.

This patch murdered healing in CP and noCP, so you are having an easier time killing and dying because of unresistable damage and defile.

You want more offense? Then I'd say the first point of adding pressure this patch is to get minor and major defile into your build somewhere. There are proc sets with decent stats that add either defile, or you can just use a bow. Minor and major defile will make the most difference in damage as long as you can consistently apply it to your enemies.

Second, you have 3.5K weapon damage, but that isn't actually that much? Is that base weapon damage? Even my hybrid with 38K mag and 26k stam can reach 4.2K weapon damage. Most stam builds I have seen have around 4.6K, but before bothering with that, we need to talk something else that's more important: defense.

What is your method of primary defense? Do you wear heavy or medium? Do you use speed mostly? If you use speed to defend mostly, then what you should do is get a good amount of speed and look into snares -- there is a set that does snare people that you can try: Wilderqueen. If you are the type that hits and run, and rely exclusively on speed then a build using Wilderqueen can be what you are looking for.

Else, then you need to find a way to either increase healing or reduce damage tremendously. When talking damage reduction, that includes methods of purge because defile now effectively grants the highest damage increase out of all the debuffs in CP and noCP thanks to the healing nerfs. Ideally on a stam sorc you would want speed, damage reduction, healing, and a method to defend yourself in an "oops" moment.

Depending on what you are willing to try or not try I can offer more suggestions...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re-look your champion point allocation, address damage mitigation...

unless you're committed to 7 medium, think about using 2 heavy mighty chudan so even if you do get caught unbuffed you're not dead...

for me, having fun in cyro is about staying alive to fight - while still being able to put some pressure on other players...

if you're not using a bow, you probably should...battlegrounds can be tricky to fight from distance, everyone is in a rush to bunch up and kill each other, there's a lot more ranged fighting in cyro...

plus, with all that stamina you have - you can torment people from long distance with snipe...ugh, I hate/love snipe...however, there is little more satisfying than having an angry opponent coming at you with murderous intentions, and by the time they're close, they got serious health problems...

oh yeah, have health pots quickslotted...medicinal use and different potions are one of the best ways to stay alive and fight...

I'm trying to remember, but, I don't think a stam sorc really has a defensive ultimate...I guess if things get really bad you can drop the atronach...but, yeah, kill or be killed, or slot cowards gear...

I had my bosmer stam sorc built for speed for a while...he "reset" fights a lot :#
    Edited by geonsocal on July 25, 2020 10:17PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place