Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Apex in store vs in game

Kazren
Kazren
✭✭✭
So I've been saving Crown Gems and decided to buy the new Psijic mount, which when you looked at it in store had several variations. Now that I have it, I can't figure out how to make it look like the variants in the store. Anyone know how to change it to another of its variants?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't buy a Psijic "mount". You buy a Psijic horse or Psijic wolf, etc. You can't change the variant once you have it.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I recall, it is totally random what you will get. And what you get can't be changed, as with every other mount. That's also why I personally don't purchase such things, honestly.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not how mounts work in this game. What you've called variants are seperate mounts designed along a similar theme.

Just like with the horses available from stables in-game and the mounts sold in the crown store directly when you buy one you only get the one you've bought, if you want several similar ones you'll have to buy all of them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think he mean that you can chose from the speed, inventory and stamina version
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he mean that you can chose from the speed, inventory and stamina version

Oh, right yeah that would make more sense. I forgot it lets you preview them with the upgrades, so I just assumed they meant the different mounts in the crown crates.

In that case the first step is to upgrade the character's riding skills to 20 so you get the visual upgrades (it's usually saddle bags for inventory, some sort of straps for speed and armour or extra decoration on the saddle and bridle for stamina). Then you can choose which ones show in the options menu. I can't remember which section of the menu it is, but somewhere there will be an option to hide the mount upgrades with a toggle for each one.

Edit: Now I'm logged in it's in the Settings menu, under 'Gameplay'. There's a section in the menu called Items and three of the things in the list are 'Hide Mount Stamina Upgrade', 'Hide Mount Speed Upgrade' and 'Hide Mount Capacity Upgrade'. You can use those to hide the ones you don't like (they're all shown by default once they're unlocked).

Slightly annoyingly this will apply to all that character's mounts, so if you switch to a different one and want to change which upgrades show you'll have to change them over in the menu again.
    Edited by Danikat on July 25, 2020 10:07PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"