The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What to do with surplus crown gems

JoStoic
JoStoic
✭✭
This one should be feasible because other games have a similar mechanic.

People should be allowed to reroll crown crates by spending increasing amounts of gems.

If you want to limit it, make it so they can only reroll if the collectible is a duplicate. But honestly, the goal here is to reward whales, and make them feel seen and valued so, I think they should be allowed at least one free reroll regardless of crate contents.

So many whales have a surplus of gems and yet still don't have the item they want, it would make the crates still seem valuable in the long run to them.

I also think it's ridiculous that people can't just plop down money if they want to buy something straight, seriously, make the radiant aprx items available for 2,000 gems unless there's a sale for 500 or something.

Also another solution for what to do is convert crown gems to crowns or gold.

Seriously, something is better than just preying on people with impulse control issues and addictive purchasing patterns.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think gems are already intended to do what you are asking. You accumulate gems, then buy exactly what you want (with a few exclusions). That sounds way better than just spending gems on a reroll (not even a new crate, just a new roll at your potential items).

I suspect that the cost you think this should cost is orders of magnitude less than what ZOS would price it at.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the rarest items should be obtainable with gems. Then this wouldn’t be a problem.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since there are pretty much no more free crown crates any more, this is not an issue for me
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the rarest items should be obtainable with gems. Then this wouldn’t be a problem.

The issue with that sort of consumer friendly practice is that ZOS doesn't want it to work that way because $. The problem you want to solve is one put in place on purpose for the exact reasons you want it to work differently. ZOS has very different motivations than players do when it comes to selling things.
    Edited by redspecter23 on July 24, 2020 11:32PM