The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DPS distance Arc VS Staff of Destruction, Magic far too advantageous?

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
Hello

Here I explain I've been playing for a long time in pvp no CP, I've more or less tried everything, playing archer is my favorite game despite everything is done to make it complicated!!!!

I explain all the spells of the staff are instant attacks, unlike the bow or his first attack does not,.

I would like to know why I never get the same result of ease in the DPS archer, when the stick player has much more ease in killing.

I tried to find the same equipment I had to play magic, namely https://eso-sets.com/set/war-maiden and https://eso-sets.com/set/new-moon-acolyte and sometimes I manage to change with: https://eso-sets.com/set/crafty-alfiq

So, I found the same sets in stam version, but I still struggle to kill an opponent or I find stam attacks dodge much more easily or with a strong lack of penetration. Sometimes there is almost no penetration of my attacks while my opponent will have shot me in 2 temps 3 movements....

Of course I tried with the same race and stone of Mundus to make this comparison.

Am I the only one to feel that everything is done to complicate the archer's game? and that staff players are entitled to a more enjoyable gameplay and more efficiency?

Let's not forget, of course, that when a stam player has to run or block, it directly impacts his consumption resource, while the magic player will not be impacted by it .

Wouldn't we have reached a stage of cruel lack of spell and attack for certain weapon? Or is there a definite will to ban certain weapon in BG?

• Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Bruh, how long do u play ESO?..

We ALL (except maybe some pranksters) know that magica classes (sorc exception) are wayyyy crapier than stamina builds. This is ESO ,,fantasy lore'' where iron sword easily beats years of studying magic secrets lool.

Destruction staff? 1 skill - crushing shock, ONLY worth to interupt other magica classes. Low damage. Sorc use this only to proc frags. Second? Easy to dodge/avoid expensive spammable. Oh and 2 AOE damage attacks, useless in PVP. Passives? Nothing impressive. And NO execution skill.

U want to compare 2H skills? 1 OP spammable with cc, that works really great if u have internet connection advantage. Next? Gap closer. Also u have bleed and AOE damage (if u want to use) And ofcourse heal/stamina regen and damage buff. And passives that really helps. Oh i forgot about execution skill.

• Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fazuszek wrote: »
    Bruh, how long do u play ESO?..

At TESO I play 1 year later until today, a little less about pvp, although now I'm only in it.
    We ALL (except maybe some pranksters) know that magica classes (sorc exception) are wayyyy crapier than stamina builds. This is ESO ,,fantasy lore'' where iron sword easily beats years of studying magic secrets lool.

Destruction staff? 1 skill - crushing shock, ONLY worth to interupt other magica classes. Low damage. Sorc use this only to proc frags. Second? Easy to dodge/avoid expensive spammable. Oh and 2 AOE damage attacks, useless in PVP. Passives? Nothing impressive. And NO execution skill.

U want to compare 2H skills? 1 OP spammable with cc, that works really great if u have internet connection advantage. Next? Gap closer. Also u have bleed and AOE damage (if u want to use) And ofcourse heal/stamina regen and damage buff. And passives that really helps. Oh i forgot about execution skill.

Otherwise for info I compared only ranged weapons on purpose by avoiding to mix cac cheat weapons !

The subject must focus on the ranged weapons and their efficiency problems.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem when comparing a Bow and a Staff is that the Staff is the only magic based weapon option for mag characters. Stam characters can use 4 weapon types effectively, Bow, SnB, Dual Wield, Two Hand. If you want "instant cast" abilities, maybe bow isn't the best option for you.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magic far too advantageous? Now I have read everything on the forums!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Otherwise for info I compared only ranged weapons on purpose by avoiding to mix cac cheat weapons !

The subject must focus on the ranged weapons and their efficiency problems.
    [/quote]

Making comparisons in a vacuum as is being done here leads to faulty comparisons as others are pointing out.