The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magsorc PvP build advice

zrazmab16_ESO
zrazmab16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi,

i'm about to hit lvl 50 on my newly created magsorc (~900cp) and decided to go with this build until I learn how to be better with magsorc and play at lower magicka pool.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=259269

This build has higher mag regen but stamina is very low, and can be death sentence if cc'ed in pvp without stamina to break free.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=259695

This build has higher stamina pool but lower mag regen. Would dark conversion would be able to compensate lower mag regen?

Just looking for help from someone more experienced with magsorcs sustain, which setup would be better, or if there any other tips to improve these setups.

Mainly cp & no cp & bg's, not pve

Thanks in advance
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the bigger problem is going to be your health with this setup. I would drop Ancient Grace and the Willpower staff and put something more defensive in the slot or mix up Balorgh and run a defensive monster helm. This past PVP event I was running Calurians on my body (easily swapped with Alfiq), with New Moon front barred, and Pirate Skeleton for the monster mask. Pirate works well on a sorc since it only procs when damage is done to your health, so a player hitting your shields won't proc it and it is reserved for when you really need it.

I would try to find something you can front bar if you want to run the maelstrom restro, rather than breaking it into Willpower and a 3 piece. But if you really want to run a three peice set for the jewelry, you may be better off running Blessings of Potentates, since it gives you damage mitigation against players and ultimate cost reduction.

I'd also drop inner light. Haunting Curse is a huge amount of pressure that you are giving up by running inner light.
  • zrazmab16_ESO
    zrazmab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I think the bigger problem is going to be your health with this setup. I would drop Ancient Grace and the Willpower staff and put something more defensive in the slot or mix up Balorgh and run a defensive monster helm. This past PVP event I was running Calurians on my body (easily swapped with Alfiq), with New Moon front barred, and Pirate Skeleton for the monster mask. Pirate works well on a sorc since it only procs when damage is done to your health, so a player hitting your shields won't proc it and it is reserved for when you really need it.

I would try to find something you can front bar if you want to run the maelstrom restro, rather than breaking it into Willpower and a 3 piece. But if you really want to run a three peice set for the jewelry, you may be better off running Blessings of Potentates, since it gives you damage mitigation against players and ultimate cost reduction.

I'd also drop inner light. Haunting Curse is a huge amount of pressure that you are giving up by running inner light.

Hey,

Thanks for the input, with NMA and Caluurions, whats your mag pool and regen looks like and overall sustain is there any issues with it?

I will try to keep myself from proc sets for the rest of this and upcoming patch, want the hate whispers to be earned properly, not some dingo calling me out that sets done all the damage for me😅😅😅

I believe my builds posted didn’t have battle spirit active, hence why hp shows so low.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a mundus on? I can't see one in that.

And yeh, you'll get smacked with 12k stam. I run 17k on mine with 3 well fitted.

I also run 1750 recovery with a potion up and sustain fine (I only use one shield).

I have like 25k health in pvp. Think my max magica is 49k.

Spell damage is like 1700, but it doesn't matter - you still hit super hard on it.

I'm using engine guardian, pariah (heavy chest, 2 rings, resto/resto) and crafty.

I've used that build for 3 patches and it's tried and tested.
  • zrazmab16_ESO
    zrazmab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Do you have a mundus on? I can't see one in that.

And yeh, you'll get smacked with 12k stam. I run 17k on mine with 3 well fitted.

I also run 1750 recovery with a potion up and sustain fine (I only use one shield).

I have like 25k health in pvp. Think my max magica is 49k.

Spell damage is like 1700, but it doesn't matter - you still hit super hard on it.

I'm using engine guardian, pariah (heavy chest, 2 rings, resto/resto) and crafty.

I've used that build for 3 patches and it's tried and tested.

Aye I still got pariah weapons and jewellery from when I used it on magdk, and that worked well due to dk’s low mobility and the hits they there forced to take.

Not sure if thats the way for my magsorc playstyle thought.

How come you manage to pull off 49k max magicka with one defensive set?

You’re right my mundus is missing, with apprentice or lover, i’d probably switch balorghs for defensive set like pirate or iceheart maybe
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton, mage mundus, undaunted, everything golded out.
    Edited by Brrrofski on July 23, 2020 11:21AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Thanks for the input, with NMA and Caluurions, whats your mag pool and regen looks like and overall sustain is there any issues with it?

I will try to keep myself from proc sets for the rest of this and upcoming patch, want the hate whispers to be earned properly, not some dingo calling me out that sets done all the damage for me😅😅😅

I believe my builds posted didn’t have battle spirit active, hence why hp shows so low.

Regen sits around 1500. I use conversion to assist. Pre-cast before engaging in combat to get some sustain going into a fight. On that particular build I was talking about, I did not use streak, so my mag sustain could afford to be lower. I have an open world cyrodil build I use streak on and my regen is closer to 2k. But I've mostly moved my mag stacking down to around 35K on my sorc builds. Far more effective to gain spell damage and have a larger health pool, unless it is a pet build.
  • zrazmab16_ESO
    zrazmab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Regen sits around 1500. I use conversion to assist. Pre-cast before engaging in combat to get some sustain going into a fight. On that particular build I was talking about, I did not use streak, so my mag sustain could afford to be lower. I have an open world cyrodil build I use streak on and my regen is closer to 2k. But I've mostly moved my mag stacking down to around 35K on my sorc builds. Far more effective to gain spell damage and have a larger health pool, unless it is a pet build.

Aye I agree with you on mag pool, should be comfortable at 35-40k (my magblade runs NMA and Julianis with 28k mag). It’s just gonna be a warming up build, especially for bg’s to have higher mag pool, before i’ll leave just one sustain set like alfiq and stack spell damage