The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Performance Issues out of nowhere

SimplyRuben
So I've been playing ESO for about a year and a half running it on a Inno3D iChill 1070 & I7-7700K

Always did the game run on above 100 fps for me which was what I locked it on. Now, today, using the exact same settings the game has decided that it caps itself at 64 frames (eventhough in the usertext file the MinFrameRate is set to SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01000000" which should equate to 100 fps.

Did I just lose 36fps out of nowhere with no way to get it back? I'm having heavy tearing as a result because I now run and view 64fps on a 144hz display.. the 100fps on 144hz was acceptable but this is giving me headaches..

Has anyone else had this? Does anyone have a fix for this? (also bonus; vsync off or on doesnt even change anything in regard to my ingame fps, even when off it remains capped at the 64fps which shouldnt happen because isnt the point of vsync off to allow the gpu to push as much frames as possible ZoS...?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday you played and it was fine, today you play and it is not?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SimplyRuben
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Yesterday you played and it was fine, today you play and it is not?

Correct, same exact settings (Cause I never messed with them after I set them a year ago, these are mostly all either Off or on Low because I prioritize FPS over Graphics, and even with all Off or at their lowest settings I can't go above 64 fps eventhough the SET MinFrameRate should allow 100)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SimplyRuben

Did you recently run any new Windows or GPU updates when this first started to happen?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SimplyRuben
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @SimplyRuben

Did you recently run any new Windows or GPU updates when this first started to happen?

I did update my Windows 10 with a Feature Update, 2004, if I recall correctly along with a Nvidia Driver update however the Driver Update for GPU was after the Windows 10 one so I'm pretty sure that isn't the one causing it (I tried to update that to see if maybe it was an outdated GPU driver causing it)

Do you advice I rollback to the previous Windows 10 version? and if so, how? I've never had to do that before
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529118/fps-drops-after-patch/p1

I had this with Windows rev 1809 and Windows rev 1909: Motherboard msi z370. GTX2080.
    I would not rollback before testing this:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6796230/#Comment_6796230
  • SimplyRuben
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @SimplyRuben

Hey, I thought I'd let you know!

I went ahead and searched online on how to perform I rollback, After doing so (rolled back to 1903 I think) the issue has been resolved! Once more does ESO abide by the SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.01000000" and grants me 100fps instead of 64fps with the same settings on Windows 10 2004 version.

Thank you so much!